• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ronda Rousey - UFC loss

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Did anyone watch it? Whadya think? Is her goose cooked?

867d8e4d823538b861e821cb7b6c7092

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
She had become quite arrogant on the last few months due to her increased popularity. If anyone said something she didn't like she immediately asked them to fight her or some crap like that. It was about time she was put on her feet and maybe come back with some humbleness under her belt

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
I didn't watch it but it sounds like she got picked apart. Props to the counter-striker...she did her Holmwork. Now it seems like everyone wants to kick RR while she's down. I don't know, maybe she's a bitch. I don't keep up with UFC much but I had never heard a bad thing said about her until this loss. Now everywhere I look, she's getting blasted. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
UFC is all about hype and bandwagons....I've never been a big fan of UFC stuff...

I was never much interested in any of the boxing/wrestling/MMA in general tho.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Used to be a UFC fan but no just a casual fan. One of my buddies asked me to go to UFC party this weekend but I declined because Rousey has been killing everyone that stepped up. Looks like she got beat by a better fighter on Saturday night.

Side note...haters gonna hate.

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I didn't watch it but it sounds like she got picked apart. Props to the counter-striker...she did her Holmwork. Now it seems like everyone wants to kick RR while she's down. I don't know, maybe she's a bitch. I don't keep up with UFC much but I had never heard a bad thing said about her until this loss. Now everywhere I look, she's getting blasted. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

I watched a replay last night. Rousey only landed one punch and that was in the first round. Her opponent struck her repeatedly. Rousey keep coming forward. She was getting hit and getting tired. Her hands were dropping. It was only a matter of time. She was taught a big lesson.

UFC is all about hype and bandwagons....I've never been a big fan of UFC stuff...

I was never much interested in any of the boxing/wrestling/MMA in general tho.

I was fascinated when UFC first came out but now it generally repels me. A patently dangerous sport. Careers are short. Faces get mashed up for life. Then there's the likely brain damage.

Last edited:

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I watched a replay last nice. Rousey only landed one punch and that was in the first round. Her opponent struck her repeatedly. Roused keep coming forward. She was getting hit and getting tired. Her hands were dropping. It was only a matter of time. She was taught a big lesson.

I was fascinated when UFC first came out but now it generally repels me. A patently dangerous sport. Careers are short. Faces get mashed up for life. Then there's the likely brain damage.
Doesn't it require that to get into the sport?

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country

I wish it was a little classier, with more tradition and respect between the fighters. I hate to see the ref drag someone off their opponent. When someone gets knocked out, they are going to get 2 or 3 more hail marys while their head is on the floor before the ref can jump in. There is no respect there. The opponent didn't rape your mother.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I wish it was a little classier, with more tradition and respect between the fighters. I hate to see the ref drag someone off their opponent. When someone gets knocked out, they are going to get 2 or 3 more hail marys while their head is on the floor before the ref can jump in. There is no respect there. The opponent didn't rape your mother.
You wouldn't have enjoyed the no-gloved Royce Gracie days where I think the only rule was "no biting."

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I wouldn't fight her.

I would. Have said this at work numerous times too. She isn't very big and I don't care what moves she has as there won't be all that much power behind her kicks or blows, but then she's more of a grappler anyways. Her record was made to look a lot better because Dana White had her fighting a bunch of nobodies in an attempt to prop her up as some sort of Mike Tyson freak who couldn't lose.

🔥 Latest posts