• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rory chooses TM M2

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Pat Perez had some good comments re Tiger's return to golf....

"[The story] is old, just in general," Perez said on the latest GOLF.com Podcast. "Tiger changed the game, we do know that, but even if he came back, you’re not going to see the Tiger of old. It’s just not going to be there. There's actually more of a question now. It’s not, 'We can’t wait to see Tiger come back and win the Grand Slam.' It’s, ‘We want to see Tiger come back and see if he can chip…'

"The media, it’s so old to keep listening to, 'When’s he coming back? When’s he coming back?' The guy is 40 and he’s won 79 times. In my personal opinion, he doesn’t have the same drive he had when he was 24. I guarantee that. He’s got two kids now…they’re in school, they’re active, they’re doing sports and he wants to be there for them. That’s understandable. The guy has earned the right to do anything he wants and the media keeps wearing him out by whatever he does and doesn’t do.

"It just gets old because it takes away from the Rory [McIlroy], the Dustin Johnson the Jason Day, all these great kids…we’ve got a lot of great kids that are carrying the torch right now. I wish people would just focus on it as opposed to Tiger’s comeback."

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Pat Perez had some good comments re Tiger's return to golf....

"[The story] is old, just in general," Perez said on the latest GOLF.com Podcast. "Tiger changed the game, we do know that, but even if he came back, you’re not going to see the Tiger of old. It’s just not going to be there. There's actually more of a question now. It’s not, 'We can’t wait to see Tiger come back and win the Grand Slam.' It’s, ‘We want to see Tiger come back and see if he can chip…'

"The media, it’s so old to keep listening to, 'When’s he coming back? When’s he coming back?' The guy is 40 and he’s won 79 times. In my personal opinion, he doesn’t have the same drive he had when he was 24. I guarantee that. He’s got two kids now…they’re in school, they’re active, they’re doing sports and he wants to be there for them. That’s understandable. The guy has earned the right to do anything he wants and the media keeps wearing him out by whatever he does and doesn’t do.

"It just gets old because it takes away from the Rory [McIlroy], the Dustin Johnson the Jason Day, all these great kids…we’ve got a lot of great kids that are carrying the torch right now. I wish people would just focus on it as opposed to Tiger’s comeback."
Yip, good comments that I would echo, echo, echo!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
And I really have enjoyed my R15 driver. Hate the thought of having to find something else. Just hope he doesn't buy TM so I can keep it..............

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.