• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rory McIlroy: 'I Produced Two of the Best Shots of the Day When I Needed It'

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
THE PGA TOUR'S ASIA SWING CONCLUDED on Sunday with the 15th edition of the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai, where Rory McIlroy picked up his fourth title of the calendar year.

McIlroy finished 19 under after rounds of 67, 67, 67 and 68. But the Northern Irishman had to work overtime when 2018 champion Xander Schauffele tied with a birdie on the 72nd hole. Rory closed out the win with a birdie on the first playoff hole.

"Xander pushed me the whole way," McIlroy said, "or all 73 holes we played together this week. We played every round. He played great. He was battling a flu all week, wasn't feeling his best, and so the caliber of golf he played this week, it takes some doing. He birdied the last to get into the playoff, and then I produced two of the best shots of the day when I needed it, which was really cool."

South African Louis Oosthuizen finished third. Five of the last six winners at the WGC-HSBC Champions were in the field.

McIlroy will take two weeks off and then head to Dubai for the DP World Tour Championship.

Source: Rory McIlroy: 'I Produced Two of the Best Shots of the Day When I Needed It'

🔥 Latest posts