• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rory McIlroy!!

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
This kid can PLAY. The swingspeed and ballstriking combination is brilliant.

His move from the top is like missile.

I'd love to be his agent...this guy is for real....

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Spot on, very nice swing resembles the Tiger from the top. Just finished with a 68 no dropped shots, superb. Another Irish Gem. :)

flomarilius

Nike staffer :)
Jun 19, 2006
Oh boy, how can you guys applaud this guy? You can honestly tell that this kid has been spoon fed his entire life and never worked for anything. Now that's just the demeanor and vibe I get from that kid. I CANT stand those kind of golfers. I refuse to acknowledge them.

fore142

Oct 22, 2006
My best friends uncle is a sports writer in nothern ireland, and we went and stayed with him last summer. All i heard was Rory this, Mcllroy that, and I told him I would believe it when i saw it. Well i guess i have...

bryank

Rastagolfarian
Nov 22, 2006
Oh boy, how can you guys applaud this guy? You can honestly tell that this kid has been spoon fed his entire life and never worked for anything. Now that's just the demeanor and vibe I get from that kid. I CANT stand those kind of golfers. I refuse to acknowledge them.

Green is definitely not your color Flom ;-) There isn't a spoon in the world I know that can stand up and hit the shots for you...still must pull-off the battle yourself...especially the one between the ears.

He's for real, but like all young guns, time will tell. I applaud his play today for sure and hope it continues.

Peace!

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
The kid played a darn nice round of golf today. But one good round, even in The Open, does not make a golf career.

I heard he's turning pro in the fall. IMHO, that's a shame. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ rule.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006

Behave yourself, Spoon fed or not I don't know & I don't care. The boys got talent & I hope he becomes a great player.

Does that mean you like Singh more than Woods? Singh learn't to play with Sticks and stones as a kid, Tiger was spoon fed in comparison.

flomarilius

Jun 19, 2006
actually it makes me respect Singh more than Tiger. Anyone who has had to grind through life and the different tours to get on the major tours is a favorite of mine. Even in junior golf I despise playing with people who run to mommy and daddy for a new driver every week and I constantly put a wooping on them.

Don't get me wrong my parents supply me with things all the time but you just don't see how these kids get treated its just disgusting. I saw this rory's kid clothing today and I knew from the minute I saw him hes another little european douche bag A la Poulter. It doesn't matter though because in a year he will be a faint memory just like Fujikawa will be and just like Wie will be, Just like Tyron is. Look at the asian tour player Suto today. -4 in what like 5 or 6 holes before it fell apart. HE BARELY EVER PLAYS and he was leading the Open. I don't care what this rory kid but he will get 0 respect from me, but of course who am I?

flomarilius

Jun 19, 2006
and actually bryan and manchester,

money buys talent. Money buys what ever the hell you want. You don't think this kid went to the best golf schools where ever the hell he grew up? Nothing is better than raw talent. I MEAN NEVER HAD A TEACHER FOR EVERYDAY WORK RAW TALENT. A LA WATSON, WEEKLEY, SINGH. Those are golf professionals not this new phase that Faldo's british ass brought into golf. These players couldn't do squat without their instructors at the range hours a day. It was disgusting seeing all these guys hitting shots in front of Harmon at doral making him seem like he is some god amongst men. Seeing kids running to Harmon for his autograph was even worse.

I will probably end up apologizing for this later but right now im a little steamed and it seemed on the right kid to take it out on.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I saw this rory's kid clothing today and I knew from the minute I saw him hes another little european douche bag A la Poulter. but of course who am I?

Warning: You are on the edge of flaming with this type of comment.

1) I see nothing in his appearance alone that indicates the kid as been 'spoon fed'. And even if he has, it makes no damn difference to me. You gotta swing the club, rich or poor.

2) Insulting a poster here or player on the basis that they are from Europe is not tolerated on this board. I would have hoped you had been here long enough to understand our policy on this.

You'd better watch it.

Irish

May 9, 2007
i'd hope that IG and Andy might pop along to this thread in a bit as he's from their neck of the woods they may be able to shine some light on his background (not that it makes any difference imo)

all I can tell you about this kid is that hes been winning a lot of amateur events over the past few years in ireland...over here we anything like that will generate a huge amount of interest as we are a sports mad nation...therefore the kid has had the spotlight thrust on him from a very early age...

personally i really don't see how you can judge a kid by his appearence...personally i love the way poulter dresses and he has brought the game of golf in the uk to a new and wider audience with the gear and the hair etc...

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Flomarilius:

Based on your last two posts - I've decided to give you a 7 day rest from Shottalk. You have not been put into 'permanent electronic hell' as we do with those that we never want to see again. You will not be permanently banned if you return with acceptable behavior.

However the nature of your comments about the fact that this player is European are not tolerated And the fact that you alledge he is spoiled is completely irrelevant.

The thread remains open for others to continue to comment....

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
2) Insulting a poster here or player on the basis that they are from Europe is not tolerated on this board. I would have hoped you had been here long enough to understand our policy on this.

But we can still insult you for being from Alabama can't we? :laugh:

🔥 Latest posts