• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rory to miss the Bridgestone

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
That's okay. All the back slappers have flocked to Jordan Spieth. Rory McIlroy? Never heard of him.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
That's okay. All the back slappers have flocked to Jordan Spieth. Rory McIlroy? Never heard of him.
The competition this year has been phenomenal... sans Rory. Spieth, Day, Fowler, Reed, Rose... there is a stable full of players who can will in an exciting fashion on the 72nd hole. When the media was grooming Rory to be the Second Coming, he just never grabbed the prize. Certainly, Rory won some big tournaments. He would win one and then seem to disappear. Even when he won, there just wasn't the excitement generated we've seen from a number of this year's events.
I hope Rory comes back stronger than ever. It would be great to see him in the mix on Sundays. I just don't see one single player being the Great One. Spieth has had a super year. So have a number of others who will continue to contend and keep this game exciting for the near future.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.