• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rose Is Golden in Rio

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
In July Justin Rose expressed disappointment about Olympic no-shows.

MAKING A CLUTCH BIRDIE on the last hole, England's Justin Rose edged Sweden's Henrik Stenson to win the gold medal in Rio on Sunday. Joining Rose and silver-winner Stenson on the podium was American Matt Kuchar, who captured the bronze by firing a brilliant 63 on the final 18.

"It's a dream come true," Rose was quoted as saying in The Guardian.

"I've been thinking about Rio for a long, long time. I've been dreaming about coming here for a few years now. I was hoping my ranking would allow me to compete in the Olympic Games.

"I came here in good form and I felt excited about competing, excited about giving it 100%. Then when I actually got down to Rio and experienced the whole vibe of the Olympics, to come out of it with a medal is incredible. To come out of it with gold, unbelievable."

Kuchar and others were also ecstatic about their Olympic experience. "My heart started pounding out of my chest," Kuchar said about his Sunday charge.

With expectations low, especially after stars such as Jason Day, Jordan Spieth, Rory McIlroy and Dustin Johnson dropped out of the competiton, golf's first appearance in the Olympics since 1904 was a success.

On to Tokyo in 2020.

Source: Rose Is Golden in Rio

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.