• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

scoring

sidvicious

Jul 8, 2005
scoring is the part of the game that i'm now working on. i'm not a pro but i've got a good long drive and decent iron work, and a steady putter.

but scoring is different than hitting good golf shots.

i've been playing with our A group of skins players. we toss balls, divide into teams, and play robins and skins. i try to par each hole.

lately i'm in for the cap, or the skin, for each hole. they guys tend to forget about me since i'm new, but they're catching on. the odd thing is that i'm longer than any of them, but they're deadly with steel.

but i'm hanging...

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Well, as far as scoring, I take a strategy to the course.

I have my birdie holes, and my acceptable bogey holes.
If I know I can birdie it with two good shots, I go out of my way and be a bit more aggresive(i.e. Par 5s). However, at my home course you also face a 480 Par 4, which I always play safe and just go for the par, but will accept a bogey if it finds it's way into my card.

As for skins(and match play) it comes down to strategy as well, what holes can you win, and when given oppurtunity, carpe burrito.

OP
S

sidvicious

Jul 8, 2005
the par 3's are deadly. we have 2, and they are the practically the same distance, depending on the tees. i can nail one green 50% of the time. the other, 25%.

go figure.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
lol, how odd is that. Yeah, at my home course our 3s are tough. The first one is a 170 uphill, to a two tiered green, so you have to guess or know the course to know which tier it is on, and all back right pin placements are well guarded by a 10 foot lipped bunker. The second measures 270 from the tips. Third is about 200 but has a large water hazard in front, and the last is about 210 and extremely well guarded by bunkers...and three tiered.

Members online

No members online now.