• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Scotty back from the Custom Shop

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Well, it will be tomorrow. After an horrendous and pretty impatient wait I will have it tomorrow morning. I bought a fairly average condition Studio Design #1 with some poker winnings and sent it off to the Cameron factory in early July. I didn't take any "before" pics but I'm sure most of you know what a SD1 with a few rust spots and an old red baby grip looks like. Tomorrow I will post some pics of it after it's facelift. It should be radically different.

I have had a restoration (the putter, not me although some may argue I'm due one), a pro platinum finish, dancing initials, blue paintfill, blue custom grip and the NOS Burgundy Milled Headcover and had it cut down to 33". It wasn't cheap but all paid for with cards money :)

I will not be sub-contracting MG to do the pics so you will know what it looks in about 24 hours...........

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Looking forward to it, just remebered I've got to send you that putting device, I'm still trying to find a decent size box for it.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Your killing me, dude. Post Scotty back from the Custom Shop in the "Pictures" section but with no pictures! :laugh:

:needpics:

OP
Stanters

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
I just thought I'd make you suffer 1% of what I have been going through for the last 45 days........

:hunter:

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I just thought I'd make you suffer 1% of what I have been going through for the last 45 days........

:hunter:

I've been through it. Even worse, just about when they said it was going to ship I got an email from them. Scotty did not like the way the refinish came out so they were going to keep it for a few more weeks and strip it down and refinish it again. It was gone for over two months.....:(

It was worth it:

Before:

ProPlatinumBack.JPG

After:

PPNP2Back.JPG

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Ualtim...what model scotty is that??? looks like one of the first Newports

Pro Platinum Newport 2 from 2001/2002.

Bought it on eBay for like $60 and then got it restored.:)

OP
Stanters

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
It's here at last and I wasn't disappointed. I asked for blue paintfill and they incorporated the colours of the burgundy head cover and the blue grip onto the head itself and it looks great.

In the box - ready to be unveiled....

ai171.photobucket.com_albums_u299_Stanters_clubs003.jpg

The headcover

ai171.photobucket.com_albums_u299_Stanters_clubs004.jpg

Now the good bits...

ai171.photobucket.com_albums_u299_Stanters_clubs0053.jpg

ai171.photobucket.com_albums_u299_Stanters_clubs006.jpg

ai171.photobucket.com_albums_u299_Stanters_clubs010.jpg

ai171.photobucket.com_albums_u299_Stanters_clubs0122.jpg

ai171.photobucket.com_albums_u299_Stanters_clubs013.jpg

At least I can look at it when I miss my 2 footers from now and not feel so bad.

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
Beautiful..... it really is. I have to ask.... How Much for the refinish??? I've had the same putter for 20 years, but something like THAT?

I could do it. Especially if you get the beat up club on the cheap to begin with.

What are the initials on the toe of the clubface? I'm not a Scotty expert, but are those YOUR initials... they put them on there for you?

OP
Stanters

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Glad you like it. The prices are:

Full restoration $110
Includes reshaft, new standard grip, any adjustments to lie/loft. The choice of 4 custom shop stamps. And of course the treatment to the putter head.

The pro platinum finish is $30 as are the stamping of initials (they are my initials on this putter)

You can choose various grip and headcover options for $22 - $47. You also can choose what clours you would like the paintfill to be. Check out the Scotty Cameron site and go to the studio section.

Turnaround is about 40 days and the waiting is hell but worth it.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Glad you like it. The prices are:

Full restoration $110
Includes reshaft, new standard grip, any adjustments to lie/loft. The choice of 4 custom shop stamps. And of course the treatment to the putter head.

The pro platinum finish is $30 as are the stamping of initials (they are my initials on this putter)

You can choose various grip and headcover options for $22 - $47. You also can choose what clours you would like the paintfill to be. Check out the Scotty Cameron site and go to the studio section.

Turnaround is about 40 days and the waiting is hell but worth it.

So was it $110 +$30 +$30 +$22-47 = $190 + change OR was it $110 all in?

Nice job btw very suave!

OP
Stanters

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
It was 110 + 30 (pro plat) + 30 (initials) + 22 (custom grip) = 192

Postage to and from the UK is a bit of a killer too :(

But when I have a decent win at cards I usually treat myself to something.

I didn't bother with a COA with it being and OTR model.

OP
Stanters

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
COA = Certificate of Authenticity
OTR = Off the rack (ie not a Circle T or a prototype etc)

No duty to pay thankfully.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.