• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Screw this Finesse, Control Crap!

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
I just did 27.

The first 18 I was trying to control tee shots, hit fairways, smooth swing etc. It didn't do anything for me. 51/51 that sucks. I was coming over the top, blocking right, hitting trees, wettin' down balls, everything you can do bad I did.

The third nine I went out with one thought. Get that left hip rotating to generate as much clubhead speed I can. Take one less club & hit the freakin' ball.... Trees? what trees, I don't see no stinking trees! ... Water? Hell don't worry, Titleist will make more balls! ... Lay up? Bullshit - I'm going over!

The course was open, I was alone, & played 9 holes in less than a hour. I shot 42, my best 9 ever. I wasn't lining up putts, wiping clubs or anything. It was brain dead, all headcovers off, out of control, violent golf, kill, kill, kill....really fun, try it.

Sometimes good things happen when we get out of our own way. ;)

I wasn't counting putts, GIR, fairways, anything. It was all about hit it long, & hit it again. Quite a shock when I was under the trees, drinking beer & added it up.:D

Ima do dat again!

wirehair said:
I just did 27.

Water? Hell don't worry, Titleist will make more balls! ... It was brain dead, all headcovers off, out of control, violent golf, kill, kill, kill....really fun, try it.

This is really funny...LOL :biglol:

usually this is the mentality for me after a bad front nine
i figure just screw it and go for a career long drive or something of that sort
nice work

Yeah, hit the MF! Remember all the times the little sucker sat in that bunker laughing at you. How about when it turned left 2 inches before the cup!

Hit it, hit it hard, find it & hit it again! Pull the thong outta yore ass, sprout some cojones & fire the little sucker into the next county. Punish it, Shock & Awe!

i know what you mean.the best 9 i ever had came after shootin a 51 on the back 9.(played the back first because they had a small tourny of about 16 goin out on the front so the proshop guy told us to start on the back so we wouldnt be behind them)i was pissed and just decided to smash it.

i didnt start planing my shots till the 7th hole when i was 2 under with 3 to play.finished with a 34. 2 under par.

yep. Usually if the control crap works on the front, i stick with it and go low. but some days it just doesnt work, so i go for it all. this leads to either a huge blow up or low scores, depending on how inaccurate my drives get. A few days ago i went out in 35 hitting the ball like crap, gripped it and ripped it on the back and came back in 35

wirehair said:
I just did 27.

The first 18 I was trying to control tee shots, hit fairways, smooth swing etc. It didn't do anything for me. 51/51 that sucks. I was coming over the top, blocking right, hitting trees, wettin' down balls, everything you can do bad I did.

The third nine I went out with one thought. Get that left hip rotating to generate as much clubhead speed I can. Take one less club & hit the freakin' ball.... Trees? what trees, I don't see no stinking trees! ... Water? Hell don't worry, Titleist will make more balls! ... Lay up? Bullshit - I'm going over!

The course was open, I was alone, & played 9 holes in less than a hour. I shot 42, my best 9 ever. I wasn't lining up putts, wiping clubs or anything. It was brain dead, all headcovers off, out of control, violent golf, kill, kill, kill....really fun, try it.

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

That's funny, tonight I worked on just slow, relaxed, controlled swings and broke 90 for the first time. Total opposite.

Whatever works, yo.

Silver said:
That's funny, tonight I worked on just slow, relaxed, controlled swings and broke 90 for the first time. Total opposite.

Whatever works, yo.

Good going Silver...what's your index now??

It dropped from 21.5 to 19.6 over my last three rounds. It's coming along.

Featured Reviews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54