1. Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Selling clubs on EBay (first timer)

Discussion in 'Golf Equipment Talk' started by Splunge, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Splunge

Splunge Well-Known Member Supporting Member

United States United States
    Selling my old faithful TM 320’s! First time selling on eBay, wondering is y’all had any tips for my listing, here’s the link:

taylormade 320 iron set | eBay

Also if anyone is looking for a good gently used set with brand new grips, I’ll take offers with the “for old time’s sake” discount. Let me know if you think the opening big price is too high, the suggested opening price by eBay was $250, but I knew that was too high for these.

eclark53520 likes this.
  2. warbirdlover

warbirdlover Ender of all threads Supporting Member

After they sell they'll nail you with a charge. I sold a driver for $250 and they later billed me for $40.

TheTrueReview likes this.
  3. eclark53520

eclark53520 DB Member Extraordinaire Supporting Member

With Ebay, I always set my auctions(which i don't do because ebay/paypal fees are outrageous) I just set it to no reserve and 0.00 opening bid. The more people you get emotionally involved in the auction the better and what better way than to open with a really low bid.

If I wasn't willing to sell that particular item in that fashion, I didn't sell it on ebay.

I once sold a computer monitor, 3 years old, in good shape but still 3 model years old. Didn't really care what I got for it and if it didn't sell I was going to junk it anyway. The winning bid was $30 over what I paid for it brand new. 4 different bidders were just going at it at the end.

4. Splunge

So other than starting the bid low, any suggestion on where else I could try to sell them?

5. eclark53520

eclark53520 DB Member Extraordinaire Supporting Member

Craigslist, any of the golf forums, local forums, facebook marketplace, local swap meet, trade them in at a local golf store, your local pawn shop, your front yard with a for sale sign on them, donate them to a highschool team OR whatever youth golf program you have locally, talk to your home course and see if they know of any young golfer that could need a set of irons

Just rambling

6. Splunge

All good thoughts I guess, I’m mostly just looking to break even with the ones I just bought. I’m in the hole about $205 so I’m trying to net positive, but maybe it’s just not realistic.

Edit: I adjusted the opening bid price to $145 for now and opened it up for offers. If I still don’t get any action I’ll adjust again

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  7. BigJim13

BigJim13 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Looks like they are going between $35-$100 for a set on eBay. $200 will be a stretch. If it were me I’d set it for Buy it now or best offer with an opening price of $139.99.

Clark is right, if you go auction start it at $.01 or $.99. You could also trade them in to someplace like Global Golf or Rock Bottom Golf.

8. Splunge

Right, I see what’s you mean, but to my credit these are in exceptional shape, and if not for a little bag chatter they’re basically like new. On top of that they have brand new grips. I fear that I won’t get nearly as much if I try and trade them in

9. BigJim13

BigJim13 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Yeah so trade in will be low, Global will give you $28 for them. Probably not worth the time unless you have other stuff to trade in too. Trading in is good for less desirable stuff.

You’re going to lose like 15% off the sale price for eBay and PayPal fees so take that into account. I’d strongly recommend going to Buy it Now or best offer for these. I sell a lot on eBay and my guess is that your auction will end somewhere in the $30-$50 range. I don’t mean to be harsh, but looking at past sales that’s my best guess. If it goes that low your left with the option of eating it or trying to cancel the sale, both not great options. With the BIN/Offer you have a little more control over sale and sale price.

Just my $.02, good luck with the sale! The listing looks good though!

10. Splunge

Thanks Jim always appreciated, listed for lower on buy now, and accepting offers. Hopefully I’ll get my asking price

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    Fairwaysplitter3320 and BigJim13 like this.
  11. Splunge

Thanks for the help gang, just sold for $120 on eBay, it was the best offer, a little less than I wanted but I’m not too disappointed.