• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

September 1...can only mean one thing

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
The plug is in the shotgun, the decoys are in the bag, I am pumped up for the first hunting season of the year to open tomorrow.

Mourning Dove.

These birds are absolutely delicious. If you ever get the chance to hunt or even just eat these birds, absolutely take advantage.

The 13th brings archery deer season...which, with a new bow begging to draw some blood. I'm pretty excited for that as well.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
The plug is in the shotgun, the decoys are in the bag, I am pumped up for the first hunting season of the year to open tomorrow.

Mourning Dove.

These birds are absolutely delicious. If you ever get the chance to hunt or even just eat these birds, absolutely take advantage.

The 13th brings archery deer season...which, with a new bow begging to draw some blood. I'm pretty excited for that as well.
Kill shit good this year Lark!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country

Mourning Dove.

Hunting. Now that's an acceptable reason to have a gun. :D

Good luck, eclark! Post up some pics of your kills!

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Unfortunately my 1100(semi-auto shotgun) is not working as it should so I'll have to use the trusty ol 870 pump.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Shucks! Everyone playing nice!!??!! I was sorta wanting this to turn into another firearms thread so I could sit back and see another 500 posts about guns.:D

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Shucks! Everyone playing nice!!??!! I was sorta wanting this to turn into another firearms thread so I could sit back and see another 500 posts about guns.:D
I would take the post count bump...I need another 1k before I move up to #3 on the board :D

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Got out late due to rain this morning thus I didn't get a great spot on the public land....only bagged 2. I knocked a third down and spent an hour looking for it in the waist deep grass. Really hate to not recover them.

Tons of shooting this morning, lots of doves out flying around. It was a great opening morning. I have to wait till a guy stops by to buy some RAM I posted on craigslist and I will be out again for the evening hunt.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Tonight was MUCH better. 4 shots 3 doves all recovered 2 of those were shot as a double. My first two shot double. Then a torrential downpour blew in so fast it was on me before.

EDIT: before I could finish this post apparently....but yeah, I was soaked all the way through after my jog back to the car.

Last edited:

VA Park Ranger

Supporting Member
Feb 8, 2014
Green Bay Virginia
Country
They should make a golf score a DOVE, like a birdie or an eagle. A bounce of the flag, into a hazard or trap should be called a DOVE.

🔥 Latest posts