• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shaft extractor q's

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I searched through some previous threads, but didn't really find what I'm looking for.

My golfing buddy and I monkey around with equipment a lot, and we were thinking of building a clubmaking station/bench in my mudroom to get out of the cold garage. It will have a vice for regripping and a shelf underneath for my air compressor.

We need to get a puller/extractor to pull graphites though. Is a hydraulic puller superior to one you need to crank, for the money? What about the simple lever operated pullers? Will the cheap pullers on ebay work or are they garbage?

Does anybody have a puller they are looking to sell cheap?

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I have a cheap hydraulic one - I think you get what you pay for with these things - If i had my $100 to do over again, I'd probably get a JB
I think Lyle's had good luck with a Golfsmith screw type extractor

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I think that that one would be just fine. I have a JB, and I absolutely love it.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I was looking at the JB model a couple months ago, as I was planning to maybe pick one up this winter. He no longer sells them on his site. Not sure if he stopped making them??? So you may have to hunt around on ebay or elsewhere. He only now sells the stations and the spine tools.
ClubmakersChoice.Com

Anyone know another place other than eBay to pick these up?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I have one built by this guy and it's been solid since the day i got it. It's a manual version instead of hydraulic, and the build is overkill to say the least. Big beefy welds and very solid.

The only club I have ever failed a pull on was an FT-i, but I was being extremely cautious with the heat. Other than that, it's been flawless.

Roberts Hydraulic Puller

R35

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I don't think I want to go with the wildwilly one, Rick says the clamps aren't that great.

Rock, you have had no trouble with the clamp on your Roberts model?

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Get out the garage and into the kitchen.
icon10.gif

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I have an electric stove. If I had gas then this thread would be unnecessary. :D

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
An extractor will be my next golf related purchase. Can't wait to get one. They run around $300 - $500 here in Aus though so I think I'll be purchasing mine from you guys in the states.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I don't think I want to go with the wildwilly one, Rick says the clamps aren't that great.

Rock, you have had no trouble with the clamp on your Roberts model?

No. The rubber insert gets slick, but a little rubbing alcohol gets it good as new in no time flat. Then it's like right out of the box again.

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online