• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shaft Tip Diameter Question..

Bmoko420

Apr 6, 2007
Is it possible to put a .335 tip into a .350 Head. Getting more into the game of golf and looking to upgrade shafts from stock. Dont really want to pay full retail price from a shop, just mingling around here on ebay if I would be wasting my money. I have a Sumo2 (Stock Diamana Rayon Shaft) that launches about 14 on monitor. Would like to find something that would get it down a 11 or so. You guys know more than me so I am open to suggestions.

Thanks Any info is good info. Except telling to me to ditch my Sumo2... Hit fairways 85+% of the time. Cant go wrong with that. Although I hate the sound, Definatley going to keep it.

OP
B

Bmoko420

Apr 6, 2007
I just got a Matrix Ozik Code 6 SX pull for $89, read quote from seller

"It is 42.25 inches long and it played 44 in my driver. It had a1 inch extention in it when I bought it but I had it cut off so it would play 44 inches. It has a 1.5 inch tip prepped area and it came out of my R7 425 tp. Shipping will be $8 and if you have any questions just ask. This thing feels great"

It should be 44" when I get it installed in my head??? I choke a up a bit on 45" now so it should work perfectly.

BuildEmBetterThenISwingEm

just gettin' started
Jul 30, 2007
it should play right with the length but id look into whether he chopped off the extension or whether he had the glue heated up and the extension actually taken out. than if you'd like to go back to a 45 inch driver and choking up you will be able to re extend grip it. just a lil fyi good luck

keith

OP
B

Bmoko420

Apr 6, 2007
Thanks, He had it cut before he had installed it to make a it 44" in his taylormade r7. If I can get it back to 45" with a grip extension I would like to that because it may be a different feeling at address with a shorter shaft. Thanks again.

Andy299

Jul 16, 2007
Thanks, He had it cut before he had installed it to make a it 44" in his taylormade r7. If I can get it back to 45" with a grip extension I would like to that because it may be a different feeling at address with a shorter shaft. Thanks again.

If the shaft was extended and the extension is now cut off you will not be able to extended the shaft again to play at 45" length.

Why would you want to reduce your 14* launch angle that is perfect to 11* which is on the low side of ideal?

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
That is exactly what I was going to say. 14* launch angle is exactly what you want out of a driver.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007

what is your wrist to floor measurement? 44" is the right length for a lot of people anyway

Andy299

Jul 16, 2007
Bmoko420,

You did not say what is the loft of your driver, what is your average swing speed and what ball you play. Beside your angle of attack these will contribute to your launch angle and spin rates.

Also, your driver at 44" finished length is likely to be no less than 5 to maybe ten yards shorter off the tee than at 45" length. However, it could be longer off the tee than at 45" length. It depends on how much you hit the ball out of the middle of your driver's face at each finished length. You will also have a tighter dispersion with 44" length.

These are a few things you may want to consider.

Andy299

Jul 16, 2007
it should play right with the length but id look into whether he chopped off the extension or whether he had the glue heated up and the extension actually taken out. than if you'd like to go back to a 45 inch driver and choking up you will be able to re extend grip it. just a lil fyi good luck

keith

BuildEmBetterThenISwingEm,

Sorry for being off topic, but I must ask:

Looking at your avatar, I was wondering, how did you score the driver with your cart? I don't use carts, but would love to have her on my bag. Just a thought. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

OP
B

Bmoko420

Apr 6, 2007
Sorry guys went and played nine holes, shot a 42.. 10.5* loft on my Sumo2. I am only 5'6" so I figured 44" would be fine. 98-108mph swing speed and 146 ball speed. I went and hit a bunch of drivers(Hi-bore Xl, TM r7425, Titleist 905S, and Cobra Speed Drivers) this weekend, then hit mine and the Pro told me not to buy a new one. He suggested a shaft change with a higher kick point for lower trajectory. I hit it so high now and it is all carry barely any roll. The computer monitor they use said 245avg. I know I hit it further than that. Just trying to get my ball down thats all.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I am only 5'6" so I figured 44" would be fine. 98-108mph swing speed and 146 ball speed.

your height isn't as important as your wrist to floor measurement - you could be 5'2" but have really stubby arms and need a longer club

BuildEmBetterThenISwingEm

just gettin' started
Jul 30, 2007
couple of shafts u might want to look into with a high kick point, low ball flight would be maybe the Aldila NV or the Graffalloy Blue. did u get to try different shaft options if ur sumo2 while on the launch monitor?

keith

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.