• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

shafting ?

fuzzyjr

Oct 17, 2007
I have seen that a few of you re-shaft and what not with your clubs. I can grips and such but never tried to re-shaft. I have on original putter that the shaft broke on.........google Woody Austin, j/k! I was wandering what you need to start re-shafting clubs or is it just too cheap to have master-fit do it. Vice and basic tools are all i have. Thanks

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
Get JB's Hydraulic Jr. Puller and a heat gun. Then some epoxy, some sandpaper and some ferrules and you are just about set.

With the JR, you don't need a vise. It is standalone.

You could go cheaper, but you will just long for the JB in due time. Spend the extra money up front and make the job simple. You will never have to worry about heating a club up too much and ruining a paint job because the club never has to get all that hot. The hydraulics take care of it.

JB's Jr. Hydraulic Shaft Extractor, Puller - (eBay item 130163576341 end time Oct-24-07 13:57:21 PDT)

And, you may notice, there aren't ANY used JB's for sale. Nobody sells them once they buy them.

Also, since you are already reshafting, you should purchase JB's spine-align tool at the same time and maybe he'll combine shipping.:laugh:

Just my $.02.

🔥 Latest posts