• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shoal Creek

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Bravo,

I'd need you to start up a conversation with the guard. Maybe something about Dave and his love of purses.

Then, i'd take the clubs and sneak by the inside. I'd meet you in the trees on hole #5. That way, we'd be far enough away from the clubhouse, that by the time they found us, we'd be 10 holes in.

"I love it when a plan comes together"-George Papard

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
rockford35 said:
Bravo,

I'd need you to start up a conversation with the guard. Maybe something about Dave and his love of purses.

Then, i'd take the clubs and sneak by the inside. I'd meet you in the trees on hole #5. That way, we'd be far enough away from the clubhouse, that by the time they found us, we'd be 10 holes in.

"I love it when a plan comes together"-George Papard

R35

Plus you'll prob need to be knocked out in order to get on a plane to fly your prairie ass down there

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Nope, I just need Bravo.... :canadafla

(He can't fly, so stop thinking that.)

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
rockford35 said:
Nope, I just need Bravo.... :canadafla

(He can't fly, so stop thinking that.)

R35

Damn... I don't know if you got that A-Team joke or not, you a real playa.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Bravo said:
And the 14th...a downhill Par 4 with about a 70 foot drop from the tee. Mountain backdrop once again...yours truly in 3rd photo...I hit mine in the right bunker...about 250 out and ended up with double again...not my day today.

Cool pics Bravo. Looks a great couse. Mud balls would be a head wrecker for me. You should be able to clean those suckas.

In your pic, you are aligned right of the bunker. What shape of shot do you normally hit?

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
IrishGolfer said:
Cool pics Bravo. Looks a great couse. Mud balls would be a head wrecker for me. You should be able to clean those suckas.

In your pic, you are aligned right of the bunker. What shape of shot do you normally hit?

Although we normally play them down, we cleaned and dropped on Sunday. This course just cannot tolerate much water. There is no place for it to go because of its valley location and the fact that there is no stream in the area where the water could be routed. (I took the photos of the muddy balls for fun...)

I am not surprised you diagnosed one of my problems - misalignmnent. While I DO hit a right to left ball, on that shot I hit it dead straight and into the back of the right fairway bunker. I am fighting this and several other issues right now. My game is in the tank.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Bravo said:
Although we normally play them down, we cleaned and dropped on Sunday. This course just cannot tolerate much water. There is no place for it to go because of its valley location and the fact that there is no stream in the area where the water could be routed. (I took the photos of the muddy balls for fun...)

I am not surprised you diagnosed one of my problems - misalignmnent. While I DO hit a right to left ball, on that shot I hit it dead straight and into the back of the right fairway bunker. I am fighting this and several other issues right now. My game is in the tank.

I thought so. I just figured there wouldn't have been much distance between the crap on the right and your ball path should you have hit it with a draw into that bunker.

When I start to "shape then unintentionally" the trees start to get interesting. That's why links golf has it's fans. You can shape them, allow for wind etc. with no arborial interference. Obviously it has it's own set of difficulties.

Looks like you had a fun day out. How much did it set you back?

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
IrishGolfer said:
I thought so. I just figured there wouldn't have been much distance between the crap on the right and your ball path should you have hit it with a draw into that bunker.

When I start to "shape then unintentionally" the trees start to get interesting. That's why links golf has it's fans. You can shape them, allow for wind etc. with no arborial interference. Obviously it has it's own set of difficulties.

Looks like you had a fun day out. How much did it set you back?

Baseline data: 1) Green fee: $100
2) Caddie: $55

My circumstance: My dad is a member And they have a very gracious "immediate family member discount". I play there for $55 greens fee.

I am a walker and carry my bag (no trolley)...so this is the total...What a delight.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Bravo said:
Baseline data: 1) Green fee: $100
2) Caddie: $55

My circumstance: My dad is a member And they have a very gracious "immediate family member discount". I play there for $55 greens fee.

I am a walker and carry my bag (no trolley)...so this is the total...What a delight.

Wow that's a great deal for a US Open quality course. One of the guys I work with is in Pinehurst every other week on an install project, and he says it's about $150 to play number 7 there. I can't imagine what #2 would cost.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
VtDivot said:
Wow that's a great deal for a US Open quality course. One of the guys I work with is in Pinehurst every other week on an install project, and he says it's about $150 to play number 7 there. I can't imagine what #2 would cost.

To say I am lucky is an understatement. I have never heard of clubs who grant such a gracious discount to adult family members.

ON the other hand - one of their hard and fast rules does apply to me as it does to All non-members.

Non-members can play one (1) round per calendar quarter. No matter how many members you know..If you knew everybody in the club - it doesn't matter. One round per quarter - maximum of four rounds per year.

I know quite a few members and take it as my responsibility to turn down their invitations to play there if I have played in that quarter - because it could get them fined or reprimanded.

So if I got an invitation (even from my dad) sometime between now and June 30th, I would turn it down and explain that I have already played in the 2nd quarter...

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Bravo said:
To say I am lucky is an understatement. I have never heard of clubs who grant such a gracious discount to adult family members.

ON the other hand - one of their hard and fast rules does apply to me as it does to All non-members.

Non-members can play one (1) round per calendar quarter. No matter how many members you know..If you knew everybody in the club - it doesn't matter. One round per quarter - maximum of four rounds per year.

I know quite a few members and take it as my responsibility to turn down their invitations to play there if I have played in that quarter - because it could get them fined or reprimanded.

So if I got an invitation (even from my dad) sometime between now and June 30th, I would turn it down and explain that I have already played in the 2nd quarter...

Yup - we have 2 courses here that are like that. One of them is a Nicklaus design (currently the only one in New England) and the other a Donald Ross.

🔥 Latest posts