• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shoes....what's the most you would spend?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
There are some nice kicks out there. But, you gotta pay to play with those shoes.

What's the most you would/have paid for a pair of golf shoes?

R35

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
United States United States
I spent 200-215 for some carbon fiber soled bike shoes once. SIDI I think they were called. I just dont know that golf calls for all that. Firm but flexible sole and snug waterproof uppers and I am good to go. Maybe 150 max?

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I have paid $100. Depending on the shoe and my financial situation at the time I'd spend more. I'd try not to, but if I felt it was worth it I wouldn't rule it out.

Edit- I should note that I entend to pay$60 for a pair of Adicross II's this year.

Last edited:

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I won't go over $100. I always wait till next years stock comes out and pick up those $230 kicks for 80 bones.
Same.

Interesting thing is that not all pros play the latest season shoes. Charl Schwartzel seems to not like the latest Nike Lunar control shoes. He continues to wear the previous model.

01-11-14-schwartzel-cart-path.gif
$_35.JPG

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I am in the same boat. I bought a pair of Adipure Pros and a pair of FJ Icons for less than a $100 per pair.

But, I see a few handmade offerings that are true works of art that have me reaching for the wallet. I don't mind paying good money for good shoes (being comfortable is better than not).

I'm at a crossroads here. I think.

R35

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
My current Pumas cost about $50 and they are ok. I've decided that my next pair are going to be "really good" shoes. However, I'm not willing to go over $100 for them.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I am in the same boat. I bought a pair of Adipure Pros and a pair of FJ Icons for less than a $100 per pair.

But, I see a few handmade offerings that are true works of art that have me reaching for the wallet. I don't mind paying good money for good shoes (being comfortable is better than not).

I'm at a crossroads here. I think.

R35
This sounds like you are a bit more of a shoe head than a guy lookin for some golf kicks. Maybe each pair says something about your mindset that day or you just love having a unique shoe collection... Whatever the case you are the only one who knows what you are comfortable spending on what.

People probably think the way I buy clubs is crazy, but I really have no other hobbies that I spend money on. If I fall in love with some clubs or golf whatever I usually get it. It helps that I almost always have something to sell to put towards what I want and I usually buy older models.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I'm pretty limited on options. I think Cally and Footjoy's are the only one that come in 16 and they don't do wide sizes. I looked around last year for shoes that offer more support and are good walking shoes, didn't find any golf shoes that matches that description in my size.

:(

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
I spent 100 on this last pair of FJ and got a blister from the collar in the very back. Plasticky parts maybe? The highest part touching my Achilles wasnt rienforced and folded in a bad way. I would go up one notch unless my interior designer told me to go higher.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I've been debating on buying these. I tried them on and loved the feel. They're not a new model so I'm hoping I can get them a little cheaper, but they're still going to cost me more than what I usually spend. I'm just balking because I don't know how well they'll hold up. I'm hard on golf shoes.
ecco.jpg

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
I've been debating on buying these. I tried them on and loved the feel. They're not a new model so I'm hoping I can get them a little cheaper, but they're still going to cost me more than what I usually spend. I'm just balking because I don't know how well they'll hold up. I'm hard on golf shoes.
View attachment 23849
The more you keep them on the shelf the newer they stay. Get one pair for show and one pair to go.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
The more you keep them on the shelf the newer they stay. Get one pair for show and one pair to go.
I do that. I keep one dressy pair that have to be worn with slacks for when I go somewhere nice and then my normal spikes. My everyday spikes are what I need to replace at the moment.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online