• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shot Talk shootout at Shennecossett

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Slingblade61 v. Nsherman2006

Shennecossett is a Donald Ross course c. 1898 located in Groton Connecticut.

We met Neal there this morning for a round of hot and sweaty golf. Temp was about 93 and humid as hell.

Sling and Neal on 13 or something...
P1010108.jpg

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I took this one for Kilted Arab...
P1010088.jpg

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Neal pulled out a pink ball on the first hole.
Thank God he lost it on the very first shot.
Pink golf balls and fluffy, puppy dog head covers aside Neal is a great guy. Chatty, well mannered and he can smash a golf ball a long way down range.

He threatend suicide if he shot in the 80's

Now I don't want to put too fine a point on it but........

We may not hear from Neal for quite some time <cough>!

I enjoyed the round and we'll play again at a course closer to his home next time.

CHEERS! :D

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
What a great set of photos! But...a few questions...

What the hell is that pose Neal is doing in the first photo?

Was it a gay club? I ask because, in the first photo, there's a guy in bright pink shorts in the background.

Sling - where's your beard gone? Or, as Bater commented, "The big guy has lost his prison-*****".

I've never seen a swing like that shown in this sequence - is that genuine or was it staged?

And, finally, did you manage to kill that head cover and give it a decent burial?

Great photos!!!!!!!!!

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
The "prison *****" is a seasonal thing.....a great big FU to the bater. ;)

regarding the pink shorts, I had a close look at the guy and was afraid to ask....k?

Neals swing.....that's the real deal, the practice swing is shown here but as you can see he goes WAAAYYY past parallel on the backswing and brings the club down at around 120mph or so.

finally, the puppy dog lives......that's your issue, not mine.;)

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
i think that they need not be mentioned here. see the hackers section if you're in for the brutal details

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
alright...now that my computer stopped crapping out ill write the whole post i tried b4. I had a ton of fun today, terrible score aside. I just didnt ever recover from the lost-ball triple bogey on the first hole. Anyway, Bob(slingblade) is a great guy, as was his buddy Paul(if i remember his name correctly). I had a blast. I was hoping we'd have a picture of the cranky guy on the 17th tee, lol. 95 or so, humid, and i was walking, shot a terrible score, and i still enjoyed myself. And i think i've witnessed the first ever shank that headed dead left. So i didnt look ALL that bad. Anyway, really looking forward to hitting up the Ridge sometime soon. Thanks again Sling!

Members online

No members online now.