• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ShotTalk members...unite!!!

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
lol, this can be said about every business ever.

Why buy facebook for several billion? You can start your own damn business for way cheaper.
Sure, Facebook and a small golf forum populated by maybe a dozen knuckleheads are equivalent.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Alright, you guys are right. They should just give it to us.

If I owned something that was making me money every month, I would sell it for the startup cost too. Makes sense.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Well, I don't want to buy the whole thing as I know nothing about the internet, but if one of you guys who does wants partners, I'm good for up to 1K.

OP
Fairwaysplitter3320

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Well, I don't want to buy the whole thing as I know nothing about the internet, but if one of you guys who does wants partners, I'm good for up to 1K.
I'd be in as well. Not sure how much, let's see if anyone else wants to partner.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Sure, Facebook and a small golf forum populated by maybe a dozen knuckleheads are equivalent.

Thats my point, how much traffic can this site possibly get? For $7k this thing had better be pulling in some decent ad revenue every single month and i'd bet the amount it actually pulls in is next to nothing. A basic website for a dozen or 2 members to use and bull$hit with sure as hell isn't worth even $1000.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
We could do it for less than $500 and that would get us a few years of service. 7k....could fund the site for decades.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Unless it actually starts getting traffic that requires more bandwidth than the minimum.
I am not too worried about traffic volume levels around this place. ;) We have maybe a dozen or two people who post on a regular basis. All of our witty banter does not seem to be enticing too many new members to join in.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I am not too worried about traffic volume levels around this place. ;) We have maybe a dozen or two people who post on a regular basis. All of our witty banter does not seem to be enticing too many new members to join in.
Well...one big problem is that, and i've heard this from several people, they get errors when trying to create a login and it doesn't allow them to.

Difficult to join in when the software won't allow you to.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Well...one big problem is that, and i've heard this from several people, they get errors when trying to create a login and it doesn't allow them to.

Difficult to join in when the software won't allow you to.

I'll agree and go a step further which will probably alienate me with a few, some of the disgusting pics will surely turn off a number of potential victims...err I mean members. I have never found the humor in some of the crap that gets posted here and never will.

🔥 Latest posts