• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shottalk Putter Headcovers: any interest?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I'm toying with the idea of a group buy for some custom putter headcovers for the site. I've chatted briefly with Chris at SunSet Beach Putters and he's agreed to do some legwork for us if there's enough interest.

The covers I'd like to get are the AM&E line. They make some very swank stuff.

At this point, this is entirely a feeler post, but i'd like to get a tentative list of people that would be willing to be a part of the group buy. If it's only a few, then it's not gonna happen, but if we can make it worthwhile to justify the setup costs and shipping, I say we do it. I'm naively assuming costs will be about $30-35 per cover.

I don't have details on what models we can do, but I'm going to start with the Standard Snap Fit Style as the default. It will have the Shottalk.com logo along with the "swoosh" as seen at the top of each page at the site. All headcovers will probably be black, assuming the logo works on the black cover. At this point, I'm unsure if we can do individual colours, but for the sake of ease, let's assume black for now.

If you're interested in something like this, throw your name into this thread and what model you'd like.

Thanks guys. I think this would be a cool way to advertise the site and have a nice cover to boot.

Thomas
Rockford35

PS...here's a sweet mockup. I'm sure I'll have some proofs that will not even come close to rivaling this. Ours will not have the Seminoles head underneath, nor the white box. :D
standard_headcoverST_test.jpg

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Chris just informed me that you can order whatever model you want, so fire at will. I'll get a running list of what model and colour everyone wants.

R35

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
Rock

I am in....not sure any of them will fit my center shafted heavy putter....so the snap-fit in black will do fine for my blade.

Jason

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Dude, I'm easy, I'm in, no real preference. I'll check with the wife and boy to see if they have any interest as well.

otakueric

shottalk newbie :)
Apr 13, 2008
30-35 is a lot.
we got some custom made, the same models and paid about 15 each for 12 made.

if you can get it close to that price, i'd be interested

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Fair enough.

I have no pricing as of right now, but I don't want to say it's $20 and find out later that it's $32. I'm not really interested if you're out.

At this point, I only want to hear from people that are in. This thread will be long enough as it is, I don't need to hear people that have no interest.

I anticipated a greater number of people that don't see the need, but a small group that will be on board.

Keep 'em coming.

R35

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Depends on the price, but I think I might be in for a $20 one...

🔥 Latest posts