• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Should a beginner start with a regular or stiff flex?

OP
E

effec

Apr 11, 2008
what are game improvement irons?

The only low end decent sticks ive seen reviews for are the top flite tours but its so hard to decipher what is what. They make so many models.

Would these fit the bill?

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
what are game improvement irons?

The only low end decent sticks ive seen reviews for are the top flite tours but its so hard to decipher what is what. They make so many models.

Would these fit the bill?

I wouldnt touch any top-flight club with a ten foot pole. So no, they would not fit the bill

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
game improvement irons are generally irons with deep cavity backs and a good amount of "offset"

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I wouldnt touch any top-flight club with a ten foot pole. So no, they would not fit the bill
there's an old thread at FGI that won't die about people who love the top flite tours (not the boxed sets, but the old top flite) - lets not forget iron technology doesn't change a whole lot

OP
E

effec

Apr 11, 2008
there's an old thread at FGI that won't die about people who love the top flite tours (not the boxed sets, but the old top flite) - lets not forget iron technology doesn't change a whole lot

That is exactly what i saw. Their thread is something like 60+ pages long with 90% of it all praising the set. Its just so confusiing to figure out what specific model they are talking about. When you search ebay there all types of tours models.

hypergolf

Mar 6, 2007
I'm gonna head out to the range this weekend to start working on my swing. I was going to pick up a 3 wood and driver this week but dont know what flex to choose.

I plan to get the TM 580XD 10.5* driver and either the TM r7 steel or TM Vsteel (following the advice of fellow forum member). Of course, If I see something cheaper, i'll probably pick that up first, but I am still confused on flex.

Its my understand that it has to do all with my swing. Something i haven't really developed yet. What flex should i pick?

Does your physical condition / height have anything to do with it?

Go with R flex.

When you improve, you will be upgrading anyway.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
Featured post, according to the boss man, is to help with search engine traffic. All of them so far have been ancient, probably because all we talk about now is boobs.

Members online

No members online now.