• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Should I get blades?

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
I'm taking the Maltby MMBs out for a spin this afternoon.

MA0062.jpg

These are pretty good. One thing though. These are 1° stronger than my TEs but about 1/2 club short. Is this common on blades?

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
These are pretty good. One thing though. These are 1° stronger than my TEs but about 1/2 club short. Is this common on blades?
Yes. My cg1s, 588s all same same.

But you dont care.

You see, you didnt buy them for distance did you.

Dispersion, Dispersion, Dispersion, Dispersion, Dispersion, Dispersion.

IM SORRY DID YOU BUY THEM FOR DISPERSION?

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
You're right. I didn't buy them for distance. However, with only 1 round with them I don't notice any difference in dispersion or workability over my TEs.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
You're right. I didn't buy them for distance. However, with only 1 round with them I don't notice any difference in dispersion or workability over my TEs.
Give it a minute. That toe weight and your game may not gel though. They spread the spot on those.

I got off my cg1s onto the 588s which had that toe mass. Im thinking no.

Last edited:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Not surprising at all that you might be 1/2 club short with the blades. Shaft, length, swingweight, static weight, COG... there are lots of physical properties that come into play besides just degree of loft. You could well purchase another set of blades and be 1/2 club longer than the TE's.

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
So I am about a month away from pulling the trigger on some ping s56's , I played a round with my buddy's set (black dot standard length KBS stiff flex steel) and I loved them, I loved how buttery they felt, almost like each shot was a practice swing, I literally felt no impact. I have seen a few sets on eBay, and I just need some cash.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Honestly, I've always wanted a nick name...most people just called me by my last name...

So I guess beggars can't be choosers...Lark it is. (At least you guys are respectful and capitalize it)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.