• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Should I get blades?

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
United States United States
Have you. Guys tried the iPING app yet? I like it, has helped me repeat my tendencies, and become a more consistent putter, because now I know what I'm doing in all the aspects of my stoke, and I can easily repeat it.
Post this one again

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Rock, I see you have the Alpha. Tried it last week on a simulator and it was very impressive. Not sure I get the whole thing with the weight shizzle but the numbers don't lie. I was getting 20 yards on the Jetspeed, too bad I have that one on order. Maybe wait until next year and snag one on the Bay. How do you like that shaft, that seemed to be the only show in town in terms of options to try. I tried the S, not man enough for XS!;)

The Fubuki plays a touch soft to flex, hence the XS. My Matrix was 265cpm (which is borderline XS), so this isn't much of a migration. Different launch characteristics however.

I find it very long at 45.5", so I will be cutting down an three quarters of an inch on it. I'd much prefer a driver that I can work over one that is only long.

So far, it's a deep driver. I've hit some serious bombs with it. The Gravity Core is legit - it absolutely changes the ball flight. I wasn't a believer until I demo'd it a couple months ago and the flight numbers on the Flightscope were undeniable.

I play mine square, -1* loft and Gravity Core up. I changed out the sole weights too, but I have no idea what's in there, and I don't really give a shit.

R35

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
So my putter head came detached from the shaft a couple days ago. Getting that re glued this weekend, and getting a superstroke 3.0 put on! Also in my quest for irons, I hav basically come down to options:

Ping s55:
Pros- great controll, consistent distance, stronger lofts, great feel for cast irons

Cons- butt ugly, cast (not really a con for me I guess), also the offset bothers me a touch, another con is that they are a bit expensive for cast irons.

Nike vr pro combo (new ones):
Pros- superb feel, long (one club up on any other I have tried), great bag appeal, and can be had for pretty cheap

Cons- long (I am considering down stepping them to make it only 1/2 club longer) not as easy to work, and seem to dig through the grass to deep.

Bridgestone j40 CB:
Pros: look pretty good!, lots of custom options, very inexpensive for brand new, forged( stil not really a pro or con for me...)

Cons- haven't been able to hit them yet, offset still bugse a bit. And there aren't many reviews out for them.

What do you guys think about the super strokes? And the irons?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Hate super strokes

You probably won't be able to tell much if a difference between forged and cast. There are lots if threads on this, but hit on the sweet spot all irons feel good.

Strong lofts are a pro?

Get a set of i3 blades. 12 years old and still money.

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Superstroke I've got on two putters.
Slim 3.0 and the slim 1.0.
1.0 is the best by far. Still gives me feedback on putts but still keeps the wrists involvement to a minimum.
3.0 just feels huge after using the 1.0 lol

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
So my putter head came detached from the shaft a couple days ago. Getting that re glued this weekend, and getting a superstroke 3.0 put on! Also in my quest for irons, I hav basically come down to options:

Ping s55:
Pros- great controll, consistent distance, stronger lofts, great feel for cast irons

Cons- butt ugly, cast (not really a con for me I guess), also the offset bothers me a touch, another con is that they are a bit expensive for cast irons.

Nike vr pro combo (new ones):
Pros- superb feel, long (one club up on any other I have tried), great bag appeal, and can be had for pretty cheap

Cons- long (I am considering down stepping them to make it only 1/2 club longer) not as easy to work, and seem to dig through the grass to deep.

Bridgestone j40 CB:
Pros: look pretty good!, lots of custom options, very inexpensive for brand new, forged( stil not really a pro or con for me...)

Cons- haven't been able to hit them yet, offset still bugse a bit. And there aren't many reviews out for them.

What do you guys think about the super strokes? And the irons?
You seriously need to look into Wilson Staff FG Tour V2's. If not, I have a set of Titleist 714 cb's for sale right now in barely used condition :)

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
How much for the titties? And I will look into the Wilson's thanks for the suggestion.

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
J40s the way to go bro.
Don't care how biased I am towards them. They are the best for value out there. :p

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Hate super strokes

You probably won't be able to tell much if a difference between forged and cast. There are lots if threads on this, but hit on the sweet spot all irons feel good.

Strong lofts are a pro?

Get a set of i3 blades. 12 years old and still money.
14 years old...and yes I would consider stong lofts a pro, they deliver almost the same distance as the normal loft, but keep the ball down a bit more.

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
I hated the i25's loved the s55's, and I want to hit the s56's

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.