• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Should I get blades?

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
United States United States
Right, and the league my high school plays in checks played bags if the player make states, and they require the clubs to be of USGA status for all levels of play. Apparently amateur qualification isn't good enough. But yes, I'll call ping.

As for shafts, I hear great stuff about the dynalite shafts, are those spendy? Also how much is it to actually have some one do the process of re shafting? I know it isn't the same every where, but how much was it for you guys?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
As for shafts, I hear great stuff about the dynalite shafts, are those spendy? Also how much is it to actually have some one do the process of re shafting? I know it isn't the same every where, but how much was it for you guys?

Get yourself a torch, some epoxy, some time, and you can do it yourself for free. I've never had a club re-shafted by someone else so I'm not sure what it costs.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
What exactly is moment of inertia anyways, I hear tm throm it around all the time, but don't even know what it means, and can some one answer my question about the cost of refinishing my ping clubs, and the cost of re shafting, and if my irons will fit the 2016 rule specs for all play?
Also thanks for this comment, I under stand they all have coaches, but for now I not only can't afford ones from proper swing coaches like the pros, but also want to develop my game by myself for a while, and I get very serious, then I'll re consider, but that would be a serious investment for someone who doesn't get paid to play.
MOI - Moment of inertia is the mass property of a rigid body that defines the torque needed for a desired angular acceleration about an axis of rotation.
Call Ping on pricing of refinishing and cutting legal grooves.
Cost to reshaft irons depends on the shafts you go with.

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
I don't know how much I trust my self... Reshafting my clubs an all...

And splitter, I meant if I have already purchased the shaft...

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
As far as steel shafts I do my own re-shafting. You need a shaft puller for graphite. The last time I knew of someone have clubs redone by PING it was a few years ago and they charged him $17.95 per club.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country

What I would do if I were you is go to golf galaxy or something like that and hit the used clubs they have in stock and go with whatever feels best to you. That is if you choose to get new clubs.

Have you thought about just putting new grips on your pings? Saving your money, getting another lesson or two and a few more years under your belt honing your swing will do you wonders.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country

Ahh the journey of your discovery.....

Take your ass to the cheap tradin place and buy a $2.oo club. Epoxy is a plastic glue that melts at 200°F. Not even boiling. Its not that hard at all and will open huge sasquatch sized vistas for you as you move through ebay and the numerous choices you will have that mere retail shoppers can never imagine. BUT..you must have the confidence to cut a ball off the right rough for the second shot to the green, if you cant muster that self belief, how then could you even consider your ability to glue a piece of metal to the end of a stick? It would obviously seem preposterous that you would even try. I myself lay on the couch and make my wife do it. But that is me, and you are young yet.

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
What I would do if I were you is go to golf galaxy or something like that and hit the used clubs they have in stock and go with whatever feels best to you. That is if you choose to get new clubs.

Have you thought about just putting new grips on your pings? Saving your money, getting another lesson or two and a few more years under your belt honing your swing will do you wonders.
Yes I think I will get new clubs, that used route sounds like a good idea. As far as regripping goes, I got them done last year, an I love the grip I have, I got the Winn DRI-TAC's and I love them deeply! Kinda like my girl...
Ahh the journey of your discovery.....

Take your ass to the cheap tradin place and buy a $2.oo club. Epoxy is a plastic glue that melts at 200°F. Not even boiling. Its not that hard at all and will open huge sasquatch sized vistas for you as you move through ebay and the numerous choices you will have that mere retail shoppers can never imagine. BUT..you must have the confidence to cut a ball off the right rough for the second shot to the green, if you cant muster that self belief, how then could you even consider your ability to glue a piece of metal to the end of a stick? It would obviously seem preposterous that you would even try. I myself lay on the couch and make my wife do it. But that is me, and you are young yet.
Thanks for the eccentric advice I guess, but I might still try that so my brother can get a bunch of seasons out of them, I am definately getting new irons though.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Sling - I think the Gallery idea is exactly what we need here if you can get it going.....
Just remember...the definition of eccentric is outside 99.7 percent of the regular population. And since you came to shottalk to get it, that may make you.....

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Looking in the web for a while, I found the titleist CB 712, they are along the same lines as the vr combos, and the mp-64's and they can be had for pretty cheap used, at this point I am more assembling a list of club I would buy, and once that list is complete enough, I will search locally and on the web, and see which ones I can find, are my specs, and have the right price point.

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
I play ping black dot, so standard lie, I'll check the length when I get home. Also they have standard loft on all the clubs except for the sand wedge which it a 54°

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.