• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Should I get blades?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Everyone should play blades once. Just to show how much time, practice and concentration it takes to play them well. Sure, you can go out there and hack them around, but to truly use blades to their fullest, it takes a shit load of practice range time.

I play player's cavity backs now. For me, they're the perfect blend of blade look at address and forgiveness that I need for my game.

Blended sets are also an option. Lofted irons that are forged are much easier to pure because of the enlarged clubhead/sweet spot. But into the 5, 4, 3, 2 irons, you're going to need some forgiveness. If not, get out on Tour.

R35

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
I play ping black dot, so standard lie, I'll check the length when I get home. Also they have standard loft on all the clubs except for the sand wedge which it a 54°
There is a member selling a sweet set of Wilson player cavity's on ShotTalk, here is the link. You'd definitely be happy with these:

W/S Pi7 irons 3-pw S300's | ShotTalk.com

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
It's what I play, is there any way I can get fitted by a pro, but then not buy any thing? Just to find out my specs?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
It's what I play, is there any way I can get fitted by a pro, but then not buy any thing? Just to find out my specs?

Any shop that does fittings will do it, but they're not going to do it for free. Time is money. So either buy the clubs, or just pay for their time and they will give you your specs.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Those Wilson's are actually more of a players cavity blade...they may be too much club for you. I say that with no disrespect, but you are young and still learning your game and your swing. Good luck in your search bud!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Dude... You like blades? You want blades? Get blades. You don't need permission from these mofos.
Life's to short to be wondering what if. Get the blades, once you realize how hard they are to play, get cavities and be happy.

I'm with Nut on this one.

🔥 Latest posts