• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Should I?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
A super good golfer who works at the club offered me a Scotty Cameron Neuport 2 that you couldn't tell from brand new for $100. They sell for $400. Think I should jump on it?

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Jerry, check eBay and other sites to see what they are selling for (not asking prices, but actual sales) and you'll know what you can flip it for, unless you just want to own it. You can also check GlobalGolf, 2nd Swing, etc., to see what it's worth on trade-in before you buy it. Just because MSRP is $400 doesn't mean you can cash in.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I've got a chance to pick up a SC Santa Fe in great shape other than the grip for $150.
I took this putter to the practice green today and after about a half hour of putting I decided I like my $49 Tiger Shark better. Funny game. I did trade one of my wedges to a coworker for a odyssey putter. I need to extend the shaft and get a grip on it first before I can give it a real test though.

Last edited:

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I took this putter to the practice green today and after about a half hour of putting i decided I like my $49 Tiger Shark better. Funny game. I did trade one of my wedges to a coworker for a odyssey putter. I need to extend the shaft and get a grip on it first before I can give it a real test though.

Go with the Tiger Shark.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
It will be in the bag for tomorrow's tournament.

I watched an interview of Gary Player the other day and he recalled the time he and Arnie walked into a pro shop. Player tried a putter from a reduced bin and the rest was history.

🔥 Latest posts