• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Single Mom Laura Baugh Played the LPGA Tour With Seven Kids Tagging Along

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
Embed from Getty Images

LAURA BAUGH TURNED PRO IN 1973 and won Rookie of the Year.

In a Mother's Day story by Golfweek writer Beth Ann Nichols, Baugh tallked about the challenges of being a single mom of seven children while playing the LPGA Tour:
I was really in love with being a mom. We traveled in a large van and had great times, saw the Smithsonian. But my golf definitely suffered. A single mom with seven kids playing the LPGA tour sounds bizarre, but at the same time, we had great times....
Then, as the children got older, I thought, you don't want to homeschool and play professional golf and travel. I did everything. At one point there, I hired a nanny.... In the summertime, they all came out. Even when I went to Sweden and different places, I would take the bottom two with me. I was very much a hands-on mom. I always had children with me. It was a gift and a blessing that I didn’t expect to experience in life.​
Now 64, Baugh lives in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, and stays in shape by running "a lot."

Baugh said she gets a rush by hitting long drives. In the Senior Women's Open, she "hit it plenty long," probably 260. It was like, "My god, how did you bomb it so far?"

Source: Single Mom Laura Baugh Played the LPGA Tour With Seven Kids Tagging Along

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
From memory, Laura is a bit of a hunny.
0da4c3e1f956f48269ad85bbe4f7eb31.jpg

🔥 Latest posts