• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Skiing

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Did Patton have GPS as he marched through Europe? Fuck no!
If he had a GPS he would've taken a left turn and invaded Poland. Heck, everyone was doing it. 'Slow George' missed the party.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
GPS...there's really very little need for them IMO. If people would learn how to pre-plan their route, and look at/read/understand road signs, this world would be a much better place. Every single person that I've ridden with that has a GPS and relies on it to get them places will be in a world of hurt if they ever have to drive without it. Sad. 30 year old men that have no idea how to read a map? Disgusting. Anyway, that's another thread.

Disdain for ones home town is pretty normal. It's the classic 'grass is greener' scenario.

Good luck driving all around Ireland without one. I can navigate with a map with the best of them but a GPS proved to be invaluable there.

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Here are my new boots
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1419378285.536310.jpg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I remember when I was skiing it was all about the boots. You can rent skis to fuck around in (not racing) but good fitting boots was the key. Also, traveling with skis is a pain in the ass.

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
I'm trying to find another one, maybe I'll just do all of them.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online