• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sneak Peak - Renegade

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
I am wondering why someone with a PGA certification fights a slice? Are the teaching pros really that bad out there in WI?

Arnold Palmer fought a hook his entire career.
Fighting it, isn't necessarily playing it. He may hit a slice if he's not careful, and does a faulty move, that he has the natural tendency to do.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Arnold Palmer fought a hook his entire career.
Fighting it, isn't necessarily playing it. He may hit a slice if he's not careful, and does a faulty move, that he has the natural tendency to do.

Good players fight hooks.
Bad players fight slices.

And no, I'm not saying any of you are bad players ;)

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by indacup
An interesting thing happened today….

I assembled a 10.5 to a Solutions shaft and went to our Cedar Rapids location to hit in the simulator for some raw feedback.

When I got there two Simulators were being used by a bachelor party, one is down for repairs and the other one was open.

Said hello to the members sitting in the clubhouse and Ruedy (one of the guys who helps me) asked what was under the cover…hnded him the driver and he said: “DAY-UM! That is a perty head…(hands it to the guy next to him, and it gets passed around)…

While grab a beer, Ruedy takes the club to the simulator hits a few and comes back and said “That sucker is givein me huge numbers! Kevin you gotta try this”.

Kevin is our asst pro who JUST got his PGA certification and gets everything he wants free from Taylor-Made.

Kevin grabs it and goes to the Sim to hit it himself….he’s gone for 10 minutes or so….rushes back to where we were and said to me that he thought something was wrong because unlike his TM where he fights slices, he said this was doing nothing but straight…lower launch but greater carry.

He asks me if I’m in a hurry to go? I assured him I was in no hurry.

He grabs a bucket of balls, and goes outside to the range and starts hitting balls in the snow (about 34* F).

We’re looking out the window at him and people were coming in sitting down and seeing this idiot hitting drives in the snow.

Finally, Kevin comes back in….eyes as big as saucers….he walks over to where I was now eating our famous ½ Angus burger (cheap plug) and some one said: “Hey Kev, what were you hitting out there?”

Without missing a beat, Kevin said: “I think the future”.

He bought mine from me right there on the spot and I took orders for three more, within five minutes.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Your doing this to torture me, aren't you? :laugh:

I am thinking the same thing. I really don't need anymore clubs but damn if I am not seriously considering at least giving this one a try.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
WG, you need more clubs.... we always need more clubs... :D

My wife still doesnt know I picked up the Clevelands in the middle of summer nor the McGregors I just got from Rock. One of these days she is going to question me on just where the hell all these clubs came from:real angry:

Doesn't mean I will stop getting more though:laugh:

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
The Renegade has arrived! :)

Thanks to the letter, I am not in the doghouse with my wife, either.:laugh:

I plan to get this bad dog out to the range on Thursday or Friday and will report back with my initial feelings when I return. I will also try an post up some pics if my digital camera can see the head beyond the glare of the limey. :D No digital picture I have seen captures the true brightness of the the limey shaft that you get when it is in your hands for the first time.

A big thanks to Rory and indacup golf for getting this into my hands so quickly after its arrival in Zach Johnsonland. Rory received the head late last week, a completed club showed up on my doorstep Monday morning down in Florida. Ultra fast delivery and a "get out of jail free" card makes me one satisfied customer. :)

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Good players fight hooks.
Bad players fight slices.

And no, I'm not saying any of you are bad players ;)

Don't most top-level players fight a block more than a hook? Don't blocks result in shots that miss right?

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005

I plan to get this bad dog out to the range on Thursday or Friday and will report back with my initial feelings when I return. I will also try an post up some pics if my digital camera can see the head beyond the glare of the limey. :D No digital picture I have seen captures the true brightness of the the limey shaft that you get when it is in your hands for the first time.

A big thanks to Rory and indacup golf for getting this into my hands so quickly after its arrival in Zach Johnsonland. Rory received the head late last week, a completed club showed up on my doorstep Monday morning down in Florida. Ultra fast delivery and a "get out of jail free" card makes me one satisfied customer. :)

Full report is requested :D

Spare no details. Thanks!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004

So this is a Renegade 9 degree with a Graman Limey 540UL stiff? Hey, I want one of those! Seriously!

First call on yours Tim should you decide it'snot for you. Otherwise Rory, I'd take one just like that.

Liek Vt. said, give us the low down.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Renegade 10* (measured to 10.5*) with a Graman 540 UL Stiff.

While I normally play a 9*, Rory recommended going to 10.5 as the head is reported to be even lower launching than the DCT. My DCT 9* runs a hair too low so we decided on the 10.5*.

Thursday should be the first test day assuming nothing changes on the schedule. I need to get back out to the range, anyway, to get my swing back in shape for the show next week for the demo testing. I might be able to sneak out to a course on Friday if all goes well.

🔥 Latest posts