• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

So disappointed

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I just got stuffed in the final of our club knock-out competition. I had to qualify and then went 5 matches before reaching the final. Played yesterday, massively jetlagged and just didn't turn up. Everything was off, driving, irons, chipping and putting. So disappointing to get that far and then just to play so poorly. He beat me 5&4.

My father-in-law caddied for me and my son came out to watch. The guy I played was a good guy, and it was played in very sporting manner, I just wish I'd had a few more days to recover and been able to give him a decent match.

I have won this thing twice before, no-one has ever won it three times. Golf can be a cruel sport sometimes.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Well, look at it this way. At least you've got the game to get that far. I would never bother. As a member of Westhaven last year I played in the senior competition. I'd been smokin all the other duffers all summer long and just before that tournament I hurt my left knee to where I wasn't even going to play. I figured I would try anyway and I just sucked. But this was not the game you play. This was old geezer duffer golf. :p

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Yes I'm quitting! This fxxxing game!!
I needed to bring my A game yesterday and my Y game turned up. All that practice, all those balls hit, wasted!!
I'm off to www.fishingthenewgolffordepressedhackers.com to buy me some rods and reels!
We all get hit with those "Y" game days. Yours just happened at the wrong time. Take a break. Come back and kick butt!!

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
For golfers like us, god doesn't allow each aspect of our game to align in one round.
Imagine a round where everything went smoothly?
How boring? Tantrums are part of golf nowadays.

Members online