• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

so i am going to get one of these vokeys...

RoughedgesMR

Jul 14, 2008
with all the talk am going to buy one. quick question though. Its the spin milled one right? And i saw it said something about oil. Is that it. can somebody give me a link?

OP
R

RoughedgesMR

Jul 14, 2008
fyi i am playing a cleveland 52 cg10 and some old school 60 cleveland that has on BeCu

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
fyi i am playing a cleveland 52 cg10 and some old school 60 cleveland that has on BeCu

You'll notice more spin, especially on more descending swing paths. I have a 60* CG10, and it gets quite a bit less than my Y-Cutter TaylorMade wedges, which are similar to vokeys.

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
The only bad thing about the Oilcan finish is that if there is any moisture on the clubhead, it will start to rust. Also, over time the Oilcan finish will wear away, leaving you with a raw wedge.
Ive got a 56* oilcan Vokey and I dont like it. The club works great and spins the heck out of the ball, but I hate the way the Oilcan finish looks. Seriously, the club looks like I found it on the bottom of a lake or at a yard sale. Ive hate to spend $125 on a club and have it look like some POS.
I much prefer chrome because it always looks good and the chrome finish is an added protective layer. Oilcan or raw wedges will wear out quicker because they dont have that protective layer. Some people say that the chrome blinds them on open-face shots, but as of yet I havent had that problem.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online