• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

So who does Shottalk vote to be #2

Who should be #2?

• Texas

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Texas Tech

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
The season isn't over yet and we've already got a huge debate going. Don't think anyone doubts Bama being #1 since they are unbeaten. Big 12 South 3-way tie. Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, all have beat up each other. Texas beat Oklahoma in a close game. Tech beat Texas in a close game. Oklahoma destroyed Tech. So going solely on head to head, each team has a argument for going to the Big 12 title game(Which will be decided by the higher BCS ranking.) I'm biased because I'm from Oklahoma and obviously an OU fan. But the Sooners have been hot lately. Texas wants to argue about the head to head, but they surely don't mention that Texas Tech game. Oklahoma is a much better team than they were in October. Tech has looked great all year except for the last 2 weeks, and that really really hurts them. BCS and rankings are how good are you now, so falling down late really hurts you. So... what say you? Assuming Bama is #1, who is #2?

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Florida. :D

They put a whoopin on Florida State this week.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
USC, as long the game isn't in Oregon Southern California will not lose again.

OP
slickpitt

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006

pfft... has USC even played a ranked team this year? They might as well beat up on high school teams.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
OP
slickpitt

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
TECH is slippping and OU are hott right now. I'm a Longhorn fan but feel OU is playing great ball. I think OU or Texas can beat Alabama though.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Once the Gators whip the Tide next week, this thread will no longer matter.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Once the Gators whip the Tide next week, this thread will no longer matter.

+1, The Gators are playing the best football in the country right now, and being a Vol fan, that pains me to say.

twelvegage

live life. love life.
Jan 18, 2008
ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!

I have some Longhorn crocs, but nobody wants to see those, lol. The Horns should be, they should at least be in the Big 12 Championship. If you just look at the margin of defeats between UT, TT, and OU it's pretty easy: UT beat OU by what, 10? TT was demolished by OU so they're out of the question, and TT barely beat UT.

I also feel that UT offers the biggest challenge to Bama.

Colt for Heisman!

OP
slickpitt

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!

I have some Longhorn crocs, but nobody wants to see those, lol. The Horns should be, they should at least be in the Big 12 Championship. If you just look at the margin of defeats between UT, TT, and OU it's pretty easy: UT beat OU by what, 10? TT was demolished by OU so they're out of the question, and TT barely beat UT.

I also feel that UT offers the biggest challenge to Bama.

Colt for Heisman!

lol... if this thread has shown me anything... it's that personal biased beats all. :D

We need a playoff so bad!

I also want to add that I think Texas is getting the shaft hardcore. Not that I feel they deserve it over OU because I don't. But I still feel they are getting screwed. If the roles were reversed I'd feel the same way. It sucks... but OU has been F'd up the BH by the BCS before, so I know how it feels and can sympathize.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006

I feel a bet comin' on for the Rose Bowl! Go Lions!

Personally, I think OU is #2 because of how they ended the season, and I can't get how badly they beat TT out of my mind.

Bunch of great teams up there, Tide, Texas, OU, TT, and Florida.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
The Big 12 made a huge mistake setting up the conference in two (North and South) divisions. Oklahoma and Texas should be playing for the conference championship... not OU and MU.

This year will give even better credence to the need for some sort of playoff system in collegiate football. Florida, Florida State, USC, Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama... there are a number of great teams that should be vieing for the national championship. Instead, some really good teams will be relegated to second class bowl games... and not even get consideration as #1.

🔥 Latest posts