• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

So who is the cheater?

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
How about some stories we have personally witnessed?
I think he makes a reference to Tiger's drop that was several feet away from his previous shot. The whole world saw that.

Edit: no he didn't, my mistake. But I did read that elsewhere in relation to this story.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
How about some stories we have personally witnessed?

It's funny how different groups of people find different things 'cheating'.

I, for the most part, play the ball as it lies. Unless it's on rocks or something that will obviously damage my club, I play it. I don't roll the ball a few inches over to a better tuft of grass....but certain groups I play with, they accept improving your lie as a part of the game and pretty much do it on every shot, never trying to hide it. Other groups would ride you all day if they saw you doing it.

Non-related, I got paired with a guy once that would hit the ball 3 miles deep in the woods, then miraculously find it on the edge with a decent look any time you weren't within arms distance of him while looking for it. Not that I even cared...I don't play golf nearly seriously enough to call a stranger out for cheating in a game he's playing against himself...lol

SirMixALot

Jun 5, 2017
So Cal
Country
If I'm improving my lie and taking mulligans, it's practice, and score don't count. I've played a lot of company tourneys with a friend and his dad. The dad is pretty old school in the way he swings and plays, but he's a good golfer, plays to a 7 handicap. When approaching his ball on the green, he likes to roll another ball toward the hole, to get a feel of the speed. He then drops his marker a foot or two in front of his ball before picking it up. One time he showed me if I put chapstick on the face of my driver, it will help minimize my slice. That's funny.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
One time he showed me if I put chapstick on the face of my driver, it will help minimize my slice. That's funny.
lol.gif
My uncle used to tell me to pack the grooves full of dirt. Of course that was back when drivers actually had grooves across the face.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Our weekday group is "loose". A couple of us play it as it lies. Most, though, roll it to get a decent lie. One, moves it from behind obstructions, etc. He also does not count a stroke when he pulls it out of a hazard.

We don't play for much, only quarters. If the one who moves it substantially was even in the game, we'd probably hear some guff. He will have a good day if he breaks 95.

Members online

No members online now.