• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Solivita Golf Course Review

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
So my parents recently moved into the Solivita community outside of Kissimmee Florida. In the complex they have two 18 hole courses Stonegate Golf Club which are fairly decent tracks. From the tips both are around 7,000 yds which makes them respectable.

I will start with the Oaks: it is the easier of the two courses. Wide fairways, and fairly large greens with little undulations make it a pleasant track, but not overly challenging. There is not a ton in the way of risk-reward type shots here with a premium on just keeping it in the fairway. The rough is kept fairly benign, but as the fairways are very wide there isn't much of it before your ball ends up in the marshy areas that surround some holes.

Then there is Cypress which is slightly more difficult. More of the holes are narrow fairways lined with dense "jungle"/wetlands which is as good as kissing a ball goodbye. The greens are slightly smaller, and more of the hazards seemed to be in play for me on this course. I wasn't able to fly the fairway bunkers, but rather had to play around them. All in all it was a course that kept me thinking.

Neither of the courses is what I would say is a must play, but if you are in the area and looking for a round it is usually not too full as these courses are hidden inside a gated community, and the staff is very friendly. While you are playing the Oaks you can give my parent's house a wave off of the fourth hole. If any of you are going to be down in Orlando over the 4th of July weekend this year let me know we can set up an outing.

🔥 Latest posts