• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Somebody buy something

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I just bought the Srixon WG-506 driver, 8.5* from Silver, add one more to the collection of drivers I can't hit, :laugh:

I'm glad you bought that thing because if you check the "Views" count, I bet 3/4 of those are mine.

I've always wanted to try that head, I just couldn't pull the trigger. :hunter:

R35

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I'm glad you bought that thing because if you check the "Views" count, I bet 3/4 of those are mine.

I've always wanted to try that head, I just couldn't pull the trigger. :hunter:

R35

Lol, I couldn't resist it, I've never hit a 8.5* head though, so I just hope I don't kill all the worms in Mississippi, :laugh:

Hmbre97

Jan 10, 2008
Bought a new Callaway Warbird Hot stand bag tonight. I just couldn't get used to the strap system on my XTT Xtra Lite.

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
Bought a new Callaway Warbird Hot stand bag tonight. I just couldn't get used to the strap system on my XTT Xtra Lite.

Is that a light bag? I have the Ogio edge and Im looking for something a little lighter for walking but Id love to get it in orange....not the burnt orange more like a VOLUNTEER orange.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
Ordered the Maltby CT250 driver and 3 wd heads. Still trying to decide on shafts though.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Picked these up for $20 at the golf show today. Currently my 5yr old grandson has a single driver & an Intech putter & he loves to go the driving range with me. Sure he doesn't hit them very far but he seems to enjoy it a lot. He just had to have the Vader head cover, almost as long as his driver. Funny thing too, cheap assed set of kids clubs from Wilson & they are actually made here in the USA. Buy a $1000 set of TM's or Callaways & they are made in China.
100_0283.jpg
100_0284.jpg
100_0289.jpg

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Damn you all!! You have turned me into a full fledged HO! Just ordered the set of Callaway X18's.

Hmm let's see how many set's of irons that makes in the last year.
#1...Crummy Acuity's, ok for rank beginners but that's it.
#2...Cleveland Launchers, very nice SGI irons.
#3...Golden Bears for my wife
#4...MacGregor M455's from Rock just for the hell of it.
#5...Outward 9's for my 26yr old daughter
#6...Callaway X18's for me.

6 set's of irons in 1 year????

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Hey, I can actually put some pics up of something I bought or work I had done.... zaphod was kind enough to build this for me. K4E Maltby 3-wood with BB Solutions 130 stiff shaft (waiting for the Decade grip), My two Nickents (one is reshafted with a stiff NVS Hybrid shaft and the other is shafted with a stiff ????? that zaphod had). Both should be much improved over the Nickent junky shafts. And new tour velvet grips. All the shafts were spined too. :D
clubmyass 002.jpg
clubmyass 005.jpg
clubmyass 006.jpg
clubmyass 007.jpg

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Your 3 wood is 44.5"?

Holy feck.

Nice work, btw. And you're getting much better with the camera, I must say.:)

R35

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Your 3 wood is 44.5"?

Holy feck.

Nice work, btw. And you're getting much better with the camera, I must say.:)

R35

No I'm not. sssmokin took those pics with his new Kodak... :D

And the longer shaft on the driver worked so well (for this old man) I'm trying it on the 3-wood. If it's too long, I'll just grip down some... :)

WildCatGolfer17

Aug 16, 2007
No I'm not. sssmokin took those pics with his new Kodak... :D

And the longer shaft on the driver worked so well (for this old man) I'm trying it on the 3-wood. If it's too long, I'll just grip down some... :)

my driver is 44.5 lmao..

Even when I hit my friends : Long Drive, comp Driver : 48 inches, I noticed choking down only hurt my wrist and made me hit Push fades.. part of that i think was the XX Flex.. :laugh:

Hmbre97

Jan 10, 2008
I already posted pics in the equipment thread but I finally got my Maltby driver and 5w put together. Put the Golf Pride dual durometer grips on them and think I am going to start using these on all my clubs. I also got rid of my Cally XTT Xtra-Lite bag in favor of the '08 Warbird Hot. The divider system is tons better and has 8 full length dividers vs. 3 on the XTT. Strap system is better too IMO.

IMG_2620.jpg

ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b379_Hmbre97_IMG_2617.jpg

🔥 Latest posts