• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Srixon Z-Star XV ball

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I've been looking for that perfect ball and just can't find it in the cheap stuff. The TopFlite D2+feel is pretty good but still not "IT". Dick's had a sale on last years Srixon Z-Star balls so I checked them out. The plain Z-Star is a higher compression ball made for those with swings of 90+ mph. The XV is slightly higher compression made for those with 100+ mph swing. Since I am around 100 mph (REALLY!) :cool: I chose the XV since I wanted to try a high compression ball vs. the mush balls I've been playing. I decided to use it on one hole only, good swing or bad swing and see what happens. I chose hole number 3 on our course (a par 4 with pretty open fairway). I made a "decent" swing with the driver. Not super great or super bad, probably pretty ordinary and wow.

This ball out distanced any I've ever hit on this hole by 20 yards (wrx measurement?). I was just off the fairway on the left side, beyond all the trees and trouble and almost to the trap on the left side of the green. I had 50 yards to the green. (Of course I botched the chip shot). :(

So I'm convinced for me high compression balls are better then mush balls. Would be great to hear from others on this subject.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Rec'd a dozen Yellow Z-Star XV's and a dozen White Z-Stars a couple months ago. Evidently, entered some giveaway contest on another site. They just showed up one day via UPS. I LOVE the Z-Star XV ball!!!! If I had to go out and buy balls today, that would be my choice... over ProV's or anything else out there. I wasn't so impressed with the Z-Star, probably because it is made for better players. The XV, though, is long and it does a superb job of reacting on the greens. I have been very stingy about when I put the XV's in the bag. Has to be a special occasion. Don't want to loses them!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.