• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

St.Annes old links.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Played St.Annes old links a couple of weeks ago my friend emailed these pics to me today. There both of the Par 3, 16th, 166 yrds. First 3 of us hit great shots (mine was the best towering 8 iron right over the flag) to 8 foot and in. Then with the pressure on young Aiden who wants to be a pro, missed the green with a big ugly pull to the left!!! He's only 15 plays off 7 (only been playing 18 months or so) Hits his driver 300 yrds but it's just like a big dick Comp for him. We all hit the green with nice 7 & 8 iron shots he tried blasting a 9. Never mind if he learns to play golf with his great swing he's got a chance.

st.annes.JPG

Young Aiden still hadn't lost his turn after his chip shot!!!

st.annes1.JPG
st.annes.JPG
st.annes1.JPG

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Nice pictures. How old is this golf course?

They had their Centenery year in 2001. St Anne's Old Links Golf Club - Lancashire, England

It's a great course to play at this time of year. Whilst at my home course your ball plugs in the fairway, links are built on sand & there fairways still run as though it's summer!!! If I ever come into any money I would move nearer to the coast and join either St.Annes or Southport 'n' Ainsdale. (If/when they turn me down at Royal Lytham that is)!!!

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Cool. I love old golf courses. The two local courses that I play the most are Forest Hills, built in 1926 by Donald Ross (and subsequently butchered several times by others), and Aiken Golf Club, built in 1912 by Donald Ross & J. Inglis. Aiken is a dream to play and walk, but it's a 20 mile drive, so I don't get there much. Forest Hills is only 1 mile away from my home.

I'm still working on an invite to Augusta Country Club, 1899 by David Ogilvie, Donald Ross redesign 1927. :) When ACC was built, it truly was in the country. Old pictures show it surrounded by pastures and woods. Now it's in the heart of the Hill Section of Augusta and has an adjoining fence with Augusta National.

🔥 Latest posts