• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ST Fantasy Football (free/bragging rights only)

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Bone-headed roster move of the year.

"Let's see, Adrian Peterson only got 70 yards against a decent Philly defense last week, and he's going up against a tough Chargers rush defense."

"Let's sit him this week."

Result?

He sets a new NFL single game rushing record and scores 3 TD's.

DOH!!!

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
Thats right up there with my sitting of Kevin Curtis in Week 3. He only score 57 Points.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Very nice week, Monsieur Divot.

Nice job grabbing Ryan Grant. Even nicer job not falling for my stinky trade offer...:laugh:

So - do you keep Cleo? Or do like I did - squeeze that Lemon for a bye week fill in, then dump him back into waiverland.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I start Steve Smith because Vinny practiced without pain on Friday. Sunday Vinny is declared inactive. Aaaarrrgggh.

What makes it worse is that I sat Roddy White (who I would definitely have started had I known that David "I can't pass the ball from my left hand to my right hand" Carr was starting.

And Roddy goes 6/104 with nice 48 yd. TD.

Double-Aaaarrrgggh!

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Ah, the joys of Fantasy Football, eh Eracer?:laugh:

At least your still in the hunt. I have been locked in the throws of mediocrity. Things looked so good after draft day with Peyton and Palmer, and now I am fighting just to stay out of the bottom half of the league.

At least the Pats are keeping the NFL season interesting for me. :D

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
my whole downfall is QB.a whole total of 4 points this week between the 2.

if Brees hadn`t pissed me off with his slow start atleast i might of looked respectable.now Garcia is hurt so i am stuck with a bunch of rookies and Vince Young who produces like a back up fullback.

oh well live and learn.

next time in a 2 qb league i will know to pay more attention to that position.

atleast it is fun.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
I start Steve Smith because Vinny practiced without pain on Friday. Sunday Vinny is declared inactive. Aaaarrrgggh.

At least you didn't pick up Vinny to fill in for the injured McNabb and have them both sit. And WTF did Holmes have to retire the week they played Oakland.

next time in a 2 qb league i will know to pay more attention to that position.

I somehow missed that point and that it was a PPR league. Oh well I've still climbed from last to 4th in the last 4 weeks. If only I could find someone willing to trade for one of my many WR's I'd be set.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
At least you didn't pick up Vinny to fill in for the injured McNabb and have them both sit. And WTF did Holmes have to retire the week they played Oakland.

Ouch! Bet you wish you would have grabbed Feely instead.
As for Holmes - that was a long shot. I of course passed on Kolby, thinking that KC's running game sucked, and Kolby is a rookie, and of course he goes off...

I somehow missed that point and that it was a PPR league. Oh well I've still climbed from last to 4th in the last 4 weeks. If only I could find someone willing to trade for one of my many WR's I'd be set.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I hate to say this, but Favre has been my only real solid player all season. My 2nd QB and both RB's are a cycle every week. I've got 2 solid WR which helps. I'd love to find another QB... here's hoping Clemens lights it up against the Fish on Sunday.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
If it wasn't for my wideouts and the Brees trade I'd still be stuck in last place. Stephen Jackson is finally starting produce so I might be able to make a run at top 3.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
your welcome for Brees.i held out on him as long as i could.he just frustrated the hell out of me and i had a feeling it was going to last so i had to do something.

i did get a decent WR in Curtis so it wasnt a total loss.he has helped offset my horrible QB play.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
anyone planning on making any late surges? or should I light the victory cigar now?

i seem to have been one of the few people that predicted that Pats having the offensive season that they have. the Brady-Moss combo was the plan all along and I got it. the rest has just been gravy on top.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
some of us were unable to log into the online draft or they would have had Brady ;)

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
Brady was intended for the 2nd round pick and moss was going to be my 5th round pick...I really thought he would fly under the radar due to the last couple of years in Oakland...

🔥 Latest posts

Members online