• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stack and Tilt

artfulgolfer

Jan 8, 2007
This article has received a ton of response... I was paying for a round yesterday at the pro shop and overheard this guy going on and on about how he's now hitting longer and straighter and breaking 80 because he's adopted the stack and tilt swing.

Here's a lively thread at Geoff Shackelford's website:
Stack & Tilt Discussion

$2 Nassau

Jun 4, 2007
I gave it a whirl, and it worked for a little while, but the concept seemed to come and go very quickly with me for some reason. One I first tried it, for about 2 weeks I was striking the ball better than ever, lower trajectory, straight as an arrow and a little longer. (but then again, I wasn't a greater ball striker prior to trying the swing, if I was probably wouldn't have bothered trying it!)

Eventually, I developed a very bad habit. It caused me to take the club WAY inside on the takeaway. Started hitting heel shots and hosel rockets. For some reason I just couldn't get the feel of the swing to return, so I eventually dumped it.

There's been a lot of criticism regarding this swing and what it does to your back, and I agree- it made for some sore mornings. At first I just thought....new swing new muscles, but it never went away.

I do feel however that there are things you can take away from it and incorporate into your swing, but a full blown stack and tilt just isn't for me.

🔥 Latest posts