• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stacy Lewis Reaches Golf Summit

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
"I couldn't have dreamed that the kid who grew up wearing a back brace is the No. 1 player in the world."
–Stacy Lewis

STACY LEWIS WON ANOTHER GOLF TOURNAMENT and ascended to No. 1 on Sunday. Trailing 54-leader Ai Miyazato by four shots heading into the final round, Lewis fired a blistering 64 to win the RR Donnelley LPGA Founders Cup by three strokes. Lewis earned $225,000 for her second win this season and fifth title in about nine months. Lewis donated $50,000 of her winnings to the LPGA-USGA Girls Golf program, the charitable cause of the RR Donnelley LPGA Founders Cup.

a1.bp.blogspot.com__l326h3z_yl8_UUd01JuILdI_AAAAAAAAF6I_D25MWz4vUGM_s200_StacyLewis.jpg
Stacy Lewis​
From LPGA.com:
Stacy Lewis, the woman who spent nearly seven years in a back brace and had surgery to insert a rod and screws on her spine to overcome scoliosis, is now the No. 1 player on the Rolex Women's World Golf Rankings. Following her victory at yesterday's RR Donnelley LPGA Founders Cup, Lewis unseats Yani Tseng, who had spent the previous 109 weeks as No. 1.​
"I'm having a blast on the golf course, and to be No. 1 in the world, it's what everybody out here on Tour is working for," Lewis said.​
Seventh No. 1 Player

Lewis is the seventh player to sit atop the Rolex Rankings:

Annika Sorenstam - 60 weeks
Lorena Ochoa - 158 weeks
Jiyai Shin - 26 weeks
Ai Miyazato - 11 weeks
Cristie Kerr - 5 weeks
Yani Tseng - 109 weeks
Stacy Lewis - ?

Source: Stacy Lewis Reaches Golf Summit

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
If she walked up to me and hit me with her putter I still wouldn't know who she is.

Gaijin_Golfer

Feb 5, 2013
Columbus, OH
Country
Sadly, most casual golf fans dont know who she is. Its a shame too because shes a great story and a class act. Perhaps if she were as pretty as Creamer or Gulbis you all would know who she is. ;)

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I had never heard of her until her caddy tested the sand, but I like seeing an American in the No. 1 spot. :)

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Sadly, most casual golf fans dont know who she is. Its a shame too because shes a great story and a class act. Perhaps if she were as pretty as Creamer or Gulbis you all would know who she is. ;)
She's a ton better looking than Jim. I know that for a fact.

Honesty though, she's not bad looking by a good margin. I would definitely look up leaked nudes of her, assuming they were available. She's probably too classy for that though. And that's commendable.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
She's a ton better looking than Jim. I know that for a fact.

Honesty though, she's not bad looking by a good margin. I would definitely look up leaked nudes of her, assuming they were available. She's probably too classy for that though. And that's commendable.
She may be prettier but my caddy knows the rules! :)

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Great to see Stacey"s ascension. Hopefully she'll inspire other American female pros to do something with their game.

Members online