• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stand Up Paddleboarding

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
With the Australian winter (if you can call it that) having drawn to an end, the usual long hot summer is approaching.

Most Australians live around the lush edge of the country and not too far from a beach. Usually within an hour's drive. The interior of the country is arid, hot and largely unpopulated. Let's face who'd want to live in a desert where there are lots of things that can kill you quick smart.

Which brings me to my point you mofos. In the next couple of weeks I'm about to pick up a Stand Up Paddleboard from a nearby board shop. This is the beauty. 10' 6"

atlantishalo3upblue.jpg

I'd tried out some friend's boards last year and found it a lot of fun. For those frying hot days when it's too hot to play golf, I plan to be getting wet on this baby.

Anyone else tried or into stand up paddleboarding?

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
Hmmm...last time I did stand up paddle boarding, I was on top of the board, and the water was underneath it....

I don't think you're doing it right if you're getting wet.
I was thinking that it didn't necessarily sound like a great way to cool off. Although, during the learning curve, a guy might spend some time in the water.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I was thinking that it didn't necessarily sound like a great way to cool off. Although, during the learning curve, a guy might spend some time in the water.

Honestly, there's not much of a learning curve...unless maybe there are some decent waves...it's not that hard to paddle board....good ab and shoulder workout though.

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Actually the photos do tell a story. Over the last couple of years I've seen a big increase in involvement by chicks. None like the pictured walrus.

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Actually the photos do tell a story. Over the last couple of years I've seen a big increase in involvement by chicks. None like the pictured walrus.
When we went to Fiji last year, the paddle boards were free to hire out from the resort. Me and my brother were watching he first couple of mornings, noticing everyone taking them out were bikini wearing, model like females. On the third morning we went to hire a couple out (paddle boards that is) but they were all gone. 8 boards gone by 9am, all to chicks lol. We couldn't believe we missed out on them (the chicks that is).

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Honestly, there's not much of a learning curve...unless maybe there are some decent waves...it's not that hard to paddle board....good ab and shoulder workout though.

The learning curve is one of the reasons why the chicks love it. It's fairly easy to pick up, can be done in still water so for them it's not too scary and something that can be done with their guy. So for chicks it ticks a lot of boxes. Interacting with chicks in bikinis ticks a lot of my boxes.

Contrast that with my recent glider experience with my buddy. From his account, it's a great sport but you don't see women anywhere near it. Just hours on end spent alone in the air or hanging with a couple of guys at the airfield.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
This mofo tried it a few weeks ago at a lake in McCall, Idaho. SWMBO and I picked it up pretty quick - my only tip - get on and off in water at least knee or waste deep. I tried getting off of it in ankle-deep water where the bottom was rock-strewn and I still have a scab on my elbow - the broken paddle cost me $65 too.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.