• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Start doing this now... if you haven't

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Hone your preshot routine. I've been working on it for just about a week. Trying to basically do the same GD thing every time, then hit my shot. I've had issues with playing like crap under pressure. Today I finally played decent under pressure, with money on the line.

This game is really boring BS when you come right down to it. It really is just about doing the same thing every time. I'm going to continue to work on it and hopefully will result in lower scores and coming home with more $$ than I went with eventually.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I'm going to continue to work on it and hopefully will result in lower scores and coming home with more $$ than I went with eventually.

Or you could just play against other shottalkers

:biglol:

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I guess. I played decent today. I was literally 1 swing out of the money with over 20 guys in. $200 and change would have really helped. I made the mistake of trying to hit a shot I can't hit 90% of the time. Moved to the left of the box and tried to take on a left pin of a 208yd. downhill par 3 with my 4i drawn. I yanked it left and made a double. Had I just hit a nice smooth cut with my hybrid and made par, I'd have a wallet full of 20's.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
4 iron for a 208 yd downhill hole yet you used a 3w for a 331 yd uphill shot? Feeling weak today?

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
I have the same routine for every putt I stand over be it 2 feet or 45. I struggle with being able to do the same with full shots. I'll take your challenge though and try to work on it.

On a side note, I wish Providence wasn't so far up I 95.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
4 iron for a 208 yd downhill hole yet you used a 3w for a 331 yd uphill shot? Feeling weak today?

You must be confused by something from a past post. I carry a 4i 185-188 and the 13* 3W somewhere around 235-240 best I can figure. 3W is hard to figure since I usually get lots of roll as low and boring as I hit it.

I have the same routine for every putt I stand over be it 2 feet or 45. I struggle with being able to do the same with full shots. I'll take your challenge though and try to work on it.

On a side note, I wish Providence wasn't so far up I 95.

Yeah, I gotta work a lot on putting. The guy in my group, who is on our corporate membership but doesn't work with us, won the $$ and it was his putter. He made one GD birdie and won it. I tied him for quota on the front and he beat me by 2 strokes on the back.

I could be in NC in like 7.5 hrs.... with no Staties, lol. Seriously though, you are in Rocky Mount? That's like blink in Richmond and you're there. We'll do this someday.... sooner than later.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
You must be confused by something from a past post. I carry a 4i 185-188 and the 13* 3W somewhere around 235-240 best I can figure. 3W is hard to figure since I usually get lots of roll as low and boring as I hit it.

Nope, no confusion yet but it's still early. This is what you posted

Then on the back I hit my 13* on a hole 331 uphill and hit it into a greenside bunker.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Nope, no confusion yet but it's still early. This is what you posted

I did. I guess it's the old "other side of the story" though. Bunker is on the left and 331 is to the middle. Making reaching the bunker well under 300 to hit it in... on the fly. Tee markers were up from the back by a solid 10-12yds. cutting total to middle of green to well under 320 and bunker to 280 and change. I tried to hit a draw but got on top of it with very delofted pull but still dead center of face and ripped. Hit a sideslope and shot like a rocket. So the shot was really like 235-240 and shot off another 35-40yds. after landing into that bunker.

I wouldn't BS you man. I'd put my money on it that I could outdrive 90% of 15 handicaps with my 3W vs. their driver. This is just what I've seen from playing. Scratch golfers, forget it. True scratch player have very, very good swings. They will outdrive me and they will outdrive you.

I know, I know... I'm the big "swing" guy and you are not. Trust me though, if or when you play with some guys that are really good, like top 5 in the state and just a C-hair away from the Nationwide good, you'll see. Good swings hit long balls... every time.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Hone your preshot routine. I've been working on it for just about a week. Trying to basically do the same GD thing every time, then hit my shot. I've had issues with playing like crap under pressure. Today I finally played decent under pressure, with money on the line.

This game is really boring BS when you come right down to it. It really is just about doing the same thing every time. I'm going to continue to work on it and hopefully will result in lower scores and coming home with more $$ than I went with eventually.

Yep having a routine and sticking to it is huge. My wife laughs at me because I'm such a creature of habbit with it.

- Pick line
- 1 practice swing behind ball really concentrating on whatever swing thought I'm working on
- Address ball and check line
- Waggle
- Check line
- Go

🔥 Latest posts