• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stephen Ames Inducted Into Canadian Hall of Fame

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

Stephen Ames​
STEPHEN AMES, A FOUR-TIME WINNER on the PGA Tour, was inducted into the Canadian Hall of Fame on Tuesday, reported the Champions Tour. Ames is the 74th member.

"It's hitting home a little bit now for me. It is a real honor," Ames said at the Shaw Charity Classic, an event Ames helped start.

"It's the highlight of my career right now, an added trophy to the career that I've had, which is wonderful. At this stage right now, it's something to relish."

Ames is a citizen of Canada and Trinidad and Tobago, where he was born. He still has family there. Ames's grandmother was a golf champion of the twin island country.

"The Canadian Golf Hall of Fame seeks to recognize excellence as golfers, contributors and supporters of the game," said Ian Clarke of the Canadian Golf Hall of Fame Selection Committee. "Stephen Ames has excelled on the biggest stage in our sport and it is fitting that he will be recognized for his respective accomplishments."

Ames turned 50 in April but has continued to play events on the PGA Tour, without much recent success. His four tour titles included the 2006 Players Championship, an impressive six-shot victory over runner-up Retief Goosen.

Source: Stephen Ames Inducted Into Canadian Hall of Fame

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Is doing nothing of merit for the last half decade the determining factor for the HOF?

Last edited:

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
Anyone ever visited the Canadian Golf Hall of Fame?

stoughton+tiny+house+building+workshop5.jpg

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.