• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stil around

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Just an update:
Legs all gone, can't get out of bed, or do anything without being first placed into chair with hoyer lift (a device to lift 250 lbs. of dead meat- that would be me). Left arm pretty ded, right arm on the way. Can't cut food, that means prime rib is off my diet, luckily I made a trip to lawry's just before I went over the edge. A 48 oz piece of meat, that's the way to finish that part. :) one of the worst things is inability to scratch about any itch, need a big-twitted blonde on standby. Ain't gonna happen.

Now for the bad news, wasn't able to open the bottle of Gatorade his AM, so I was forced to pour a couple inches of corn whiskey into a glass instead. This sn't ordinary corn whiskey, made from toasted blue corn. About the best corn whiskey ever, but since a bottle of this stuff cots more than a bottle of Crown Black, not a good buy. Mixed with ginger ale it's acceptable, so I find myself drinking whiskey & ginger at 10AM. THROUGH A STRAW!

This PM a buddy will drop by & bring a beer supply so my inventory will be updated, since I was down to one Shiner, just in time. We'll probably sit out by the pool and wipe out that corn juice with a cigar.

Another really good thing, I get special treatment at the ballpark, park across the street, bring my own chair, and seem to have no problems getting tickets - very handy for sellouts. This has made me a very popular person to go to the ballpark with, and the Rangers are really kicking ass!

Guys, don't worry about me, I'll be OK, got at least a year left. Not gonna fool with a vent when can't breath any more, So I will disappear some day. But none of us will get out of this life alive.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I don't know how you manage to put a funny twist on your situation, but I do admire you.

Thanks for the update, and hopefully your condition doesn't worsen. I wish i could watch baseball more often at the ball park.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
It's good to hear from you wire.

I wish I could have a drink with you.

Did you happen to make the game where Hamilton hit all those homeruns?

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Now that I think about it...I don't think Hamilton had that big game at home. The guy is stud either way.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Well, Clark and AG said it best so what more can I say? Good to hear from you!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Wire, I've said it before: I really think the world of you, and I admire the way you do things.

But jeez...quit your whining! Do you have any idea how many days I wish I could start my morning off drinking whiskey and ginger?!? :D

What cigars are you smoking now? Had my last 2 Rocky Patel Vintage 1990's this week. Pretty good, but next time I'm going to get one of my "imports". ;)

Thoughts and prayers, my friend...

OP
wirehair

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Responses so far:
Clark: you can go to as many games as you want, just get of of your dead
ass and go.

AG: I refuse to acknowledge anyone who has a SL card icon. See you in Oct if your guys have got the goods. :)

VT: yes, tes I am, and a better hero can't be found.

MC: whining? You did read the part about adding ginger because the $50 whiskey was pony piss. I really don't know what I'm smoking, just roll through the cigar store and pick one of these, two of these, etc. I know them when I se them..

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I will someday. At this point i'd rather spend that money on golf lessons for my daughter, and taking her fishing, as well as taking her to a couple games a season. It's a 2 hour or so ride one way to the ball park.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
VT: yes, tes I am, and a better hero can't be found.
I agree!

MC: whining? You did read the part about adding ginger because the $50 whiskey was pony piss. I really don't know what I'm smoking, just roll through the cigar store and pick one of these, two of these, etc. I know them when I se them..
Yes, whining. At least you're drinking that early! By 10:00, I'm at work wishing I was drinking somewhere!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Cigars and Whiskey, I love it! Even though I much prefer bourbon and I never could get the taste for cigars even when I was a smoker.

Hero? Absolutely!

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Wire, you would be ashamed of me. My MIL bought me a fancy cedar humidor last Christmas. So about a month or so ago I finally dropped the money to fill it. Also got some more Cubans from my buddy that frequents Mexico. Proud of my collection, I wanted to make sure everything was just right with the box. I got the humidity up around 70%...checked it a little over a week later and...MOLD. Every single cigar was ruined. Just north of $200...gone.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Mold (green), or plume (white)? If it brushes off, it's no problem.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.