• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stop me before I ho again!!

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Okay, I've been using the brass AGP putter I bought at Christmas while the Scotty's were on time out for misbehaving. I've actually come to like the look and feel of it. So I decided I wanted Scotty Napa, they look alike.

Woahhhhh!!!!!, The Napa's are outrageously high!!!

Then I saw this...

Has anyone tried these? Are they as good as they look? Please tell me they are junk!!
bimini1.jpg

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
No.... don't.... stop....

convinced?

Might take a bit more than that, but thanks!

Asking for help to stop ho'ing on here is like asking for help to stop drinking at the Jack Daniels Distillery anyway. :p

extremeVFT03

golfaholic
Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2007
Country
United States United States
i have the rifle that looks like the Del mar 3.5 and they really roll the ball well. i would buy it if i where you :)

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I'm always dinking around with putters in the shop. I haven't hit an "off-the-shelf" putter I've liked in a long time so I tend to game Franken-Putters most of the time anyway. They're sometimes ugly but always effective. :D

I keep threatening to put one of these together, if for nothing other than nostalgia sake:

Tour Golf Products - Golf Club Components, Golf Shafts, Golf Grips, and Clubmaking Tools

That head is only like $7. Putters are the easiest clubs to build and modify too. Maybe you might want to try putting one together yourself instead of spending a pile of dough on a putter you may or may not like?

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I'm always dinking around with putters in the shop. I haven't hit an "off-the-shelf" putter I've liked in a long time so I tend to game Franken-Putters most of the time anyway. They're sometimes ugly but always effective. :D

I keep threatening to put one of these together, if for nothing other than nostalgia sake:

Tour Golf Products - Golf Club Components, Golf Shafts, Golf Grips, and Clubmaking Tools

That head is only like $7. Putters are the easiest clubs to build and modify too. Maybe you might want to try putting one together yourself instead of spending a pile of dough on a putter you may or may not like?

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!!!!!

Thanks MGP, that is the ticket. I love the way the brass one I have putts, but on a sunny day the damn thing will blind you. :beach3:

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
Mdub have you looked at the putters from snake eyes in the 8802 style? They look pretty nice.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
If you buy any clubs within the next month I'm going to send you a picture that'll make sssmokin's girls look great.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
mddubya, I highly suggest you consider one of wirehair's Scottys. Even the "cheap" one he sent me feels great and it looks fantastic.

I just wish I could have pried that Tour Classic away from him.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
mddubya, I highly suggest you consider one of wirehair's Scottys. Even the "cheap" one he sent me feels great and it looks fantastic.

I just wish I could have pried that Tour Classic away from him.

Oh I'd love to find a Scotty Napa for reasonable. But none I've seen for sale even come close to that description, ;)

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
That Rife is a beautiful putter. I wanted to go out and buy one ON THE SPOT. I went out, the price was around $130 I think.. I wanna say you can get them for <$100 now, new.

I putted with it, and it just didn't fit my putting stroke, at all. I FORCED myself to like it, I wanted to buy it so darn bad. But in the end, I couldn't get but 1/3 of all the putts to sink, on a FLAT grass surface.. It wasn't enough to make me drop the cash on it..

I wanna say, it was the heel shafted-ness that tossed me through a loop. I pushed everything really bad.

🔥 Latest posts