• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Strange Golf Theater on the Puget Sound

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
SWMBO and I already made our lodging reservations and bought tickets for Oakmont next year. We will attend on Wed/Thurs. I am expecting a little more of a fan-friendly environment.

I expect a shirt next year Geezer...

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
United States United States
TEA, sounds like the USGA can learn a lot from the folks who put on the Phoenix Open.
Deutche bank is great too. Several smallish grand stands behind almost every hole, so you can go ahead of a group, watch them play the hole. Then go ahead again, all while grabbing seats. And also 90% of the holes have full roped surroundings, so that you can walk around almost every hole, making it very easy to walk with a group, or get to another part of the course.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
It does sound like a clusterfork, and it's not the 1st time the USGA has been accused of clusterforking. I'm sure it's not easy putting on a tournament this large, especially when the venue is new. I guess that's where ANGC has an advantage: they just keep buying more land and turning housing developments into grassy parking lots.

It does sound like the USGA needs to concentrate more on the golf course, and maybe hire some professional event organizers for the tournaments.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.