• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stress of the day

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
United States United States
What stressed you out most today? Basically it's a limp rant thread where you can vent some of your stress.

Today I'm finishing all of my college applications, and my essays. Knowing that my future hangs in the balance, and will in one way or another be decided by Nov. 1, really has me stressed out. It so much to get filled out, and organized and turned in. Teamscripts, LOR's, applications, essays, and several other things... So much, so little time!!!!!!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
A shitty period no doubt. You won't remember it when you're at all those drunken college parties.

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Not much partying involved in the schools I'm applying to.

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
What schools are you applying to?
This weekend, just the Massachusetts Maritime Academy, and for the second deadline in january, the coast guard academy, and hopefully the naval academy (but not too likely), I'll also be applying to WPI, RPI, and Umass Lowell, I am not as serious about attending them though.

Mass Maritime is my #1 choice, unless I by some miracle was able to apply and get into the Naval academy. But my chance of applying is slim, and my chance of getting accepted is much much much slimmer. Even if I did get accepted to the Naval academy, I do not know if I'd want to attend, because if I chose to enlist in the armed forces, I would like to join the Army, moreso than the Navy.
And my mother isn't letting me apply to Westpoint.

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Mass Maritime is a small enrollment school, with a tiny campus right on the cape cod canal. School is well know throughout maritime industries, and has a track record of excellent placement

And I would rather join the army, more because of what I want to get out of my service to the country, the Navy would be too much like what i want to do for a job, at this time, I don't think I want to make the military my career, if my mind changed, I would likely join the navy instead

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
It's not a college if there is no partying...............

Damned straight.

drunk-girls-kissing-keg-party.jpg
3YMaD.jpg

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
This weekend, just the Massachusetts Maritime Academy, and for the second deadline in january, the coast guard academy, and hopefully the naval academy (but not too likely), I'll also be applying to WPI, RPI, and Umass Lowell, I am not as serious about attending them though.

Mass Maritime is my #1 choice, unless I by some miracle was able to apply and get into the Naval academy. But my chance of applying is slim, and my chance of getting accepted is much much much slimmer. Even if I did get accepted to the Naval academy, I do not know if I'd want to attend, because if I chose to enlist in the armed forces, I would like to join the Army, moreso than the Navy.
And my mother isn't letting me apply to Westpoint.

Any glimmer of a golf career in there somewhere?

OP
Splunge

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Any glimmer of a golf career in there somewhere?
I don't think so, I had a strong senior season, but even if I wanted to play D3 golf, which I certainly could, the time out of class every week, would ultimately be a detriment to my education, especially with the demanding majors that I want to pursue.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I believe you'll do well no matter which university you finally end up at. So many today feel they are entitled to a college education and don't apply themselves. We've raised a couple generations, now, that feel once they get a degree... no matter if they have one iota of work ethic or not... they will be handed a high paying job. Lots of college grads standing in unemployment lines, not at the fault of anyone but themselves.

Good luck!!!!!

🔥 Latest posts