1. Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

StubHub sucks

Discussion in 'No Golf For You!' started by SiberianDVM, Apr 24, 2020.

1. eclark53520

eclark53520 DB Member Extraordinaire Supporting Member

United States United States
    It's not about inconvenience really, it's about doing what I feel is best for me and everyone else. Walking past 4 people in an aisle I don't need to go down, so I can get to the item that I was 10 feet from is asinine.

Now, if the item is on the other end if the aisle, and there's 4 people in that aisle but none in the other aisle...well, I'll take the other damn aisle. It's not like I'm going to purposely go the wrong way just to 'stick it to the man'. Again, I'm no genius, but me going the wrong way down an aisle isn't inherently dangerous.

EDIT again: Generally speaking, I'm a rule follower. I come to a complete stop at stop signs in the middle of ******* nowhere where I can see for miles in both directions. I use my blinker 99.98% of the time. I turn my lights on even when I don't need to. I only cross the street in cross walks even if it's inconvenient. So again, it's NOT about inconvenience. It's about logic and critical thinking. Not imposing horse shit rules that really, by themselves don't solve anything. It's posturing at best and purely great marketing at worst. "Look at how much we care about our customers, you're safer here.....spend your money here".

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  2. TEA Time

TEA Time Grumpy Gilmore Staff Member Admin

Admin Post
    My mom died on saturday and we can't even have a funeral for her. Even if we could, I wouldn't go because my dad is high risk. So just because you haven't been affected directly doesn't mean others haven't and it doesn't mean you can't show some simple consideration for other human beings.

This virus is real. It's deadly and it spreads like wildfire. So if me taking the extra time to go the right way down an aisle prevents someone else from potentially dying, I'll go down that aisle the right way. It's simple.

Fairwaysplitter3320 and BigJim13 like this.
  3. MCDavis

MCDavis The Plaid Duffer Staff Member Moderator

Sorry for your loss, Tea.

Wi-Golfer likes this.
  4. eclark53520

eclark53520 DB Member Extraordinaire Supporting Member

Sorry for your loss, Tea. I really am. I've actually had several people in my family pass that I won't get to go to a funeral for, so I do know your pain.

How is trying to avoid people not compassionate? It's like you have this preconceived notion that because I think one way aisles is a useless rule that I want people to die? That's ridiculous and insulting. I've explained my position several times now, if you don't understand it, or don't care to understand it, that's fine. Move on. If I can avoid people I'm going to, if that means going the wrong way down the aisle, well, that's what I'm going to do.

If you want to abide by the one way rule, go for it. I'm more than happy to let you live your life the way you see fit.

5. azgreg

azgreg "Don't count that." Supporting Member

Sorry to hear TEA.

6. BigJim13

BigJim13 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Sorry for your loss Tea

7. Fairwaysplitter3320

Fairwaysplitter3320 Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again. Staff Member Admin

Admin Post
    Sorry for your loss Aaron.

8. SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM I love Hooters Moderator

Took a while, but Discover Card decided in my favor, as StubHub couldn't be bothered to reply to Discover Card's request for information.

May the crotch that is StubHub be infested with the fleas of a thousand camels.