• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Superbowl Champs?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
As a Bears fan, I have to say the Bears are the least impressive team ever in the Conference Final, and I would have bet against my team if someone had told me Chicago would even get to the playoffs.

Chicago already won against the Jets in regular season, and against the Packers as well, so I wouldn't count them out yet as you do.

I think the team with most chances now is Pittsburg, but its sad the finals are dominated by teams which are everything but spectacular. The Packers are the only team which seems to have a spread out nice offense with some spectacular plays thanks to Rodgers (Brett who? :D). Steelers, Bears and Jets are mostly defensive teams which make a big difference to last year's contenders...

You're right, I definitely shouldn't count them out. There were times though when Cutler could have made and eaten a sandwhich then thrown the ball this past weekend. He had a crazy amount of time to throw, I don't know if that will be the case Vs. GB. ALso, GB has better corners. But hey, you still have to play the game and this year it would not surprise me to see the Bears in the SB. I think just getting this far has been the shock of the year so far, so what's another game.

Both the Bears and Steelers were helped a bit by some good throws that were just plain dropped over the weekend. I mean, when you hit a pro reciever in the hands and then in the chest between the #'s you would think they would be able to make the catch.

The Jets and Steelers are basically the same team to me, I think the Steelers have a bit more big play ability but they are both defensive teams built around the run... who knows!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Green Bay will win...no question about it...it's a done deal!

You heard it here first folks!!

at3_gstatic_com_images_6a032306febff645e3d4511281b0ce2b._.jpg

spartyon8

Cubbie Fever
Feb 23, 2008
Being a Bears fan and disappointed with them allowing the Seahawks more than 3 points, there was one thing that I was happy to see: Cutler's decision making. It was apparrent to me that he is starting to learn that he doesn't have to make a play every down. He made some wise decisions with throwing the ball away. I hate to say it but I predict a Packer/Jets bowl even though I am rooting for my Bears.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
We'll see. You all know who I'm rooting for, and I just hope they play like I know they can.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I hate to say it but I predict a Packer/Jets bowl even though I am rooting for my Bears.

I would pic the same teams, but still something in my heart dreams of having a Superbowl appearance again, and why not, a SuperBowl Championship? ITs not likely but 90% of the results this year weren't likely either...

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I hate to say it but I predict a Packer/Jets bowl even though I am rooting for my Bears.

I would pic the same teams, but still something in my heart dreams of having a Superbowl appearance again, and why not, a SuperBowl Championship? ITs not likely but 90% of the results this year weren't likely either...

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country

With the exception of Seattle beating NO I think all the results have not been much of a surprise. The Lions always suck, but always give a hell of a game to the division teams, so It is not really a surprise that the Jets beat NE. I would've picked Pittsburg over Baltimore and Chicago over Seattle. Being a Packer fan I knew they COULD beat both Philly and ATL although I also knew they could definately go either way. I was not really surprised with KC getting ousted either. My point I guess is that I think the media hypes some teams too much. If noone else has noticed there has been a bit of shit talk this post season that is totally provoked by the questions the media is asking these guys. That and the whole us against the world thing Rex is putting in his guys heads.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
With the exception of Seattle beating NO I think all the results have not been much of a surprise.

Seriously?

You expected:

-The Chiefs to beat the Chargers in their opening game and win the division?
-The Lions to beat the Packers
-The Vikings to end up las in their division after being one play from the Superbowl last year?
-New England and New Orleans losing to Cleveland?
-Bengals beating the Ravens in week 2?
-Redskins beating the Eagles?
-Tampa Bay becoming a serious playoff contender until the last week?
-THE BEARS MAKING IT TO THE DIVISIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP?

etc, etc?

You don't think it has been the weirdest and less predictable season ever?

Following the trait, I wouldn't be surprised to have an unexpected SuperBowl Champ like the bears in February...

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Seriously?

You expected:

-The Chiefs to beat the Chargers in their opening game and win the division?
-The Lions to beat the Packers
-The Vikings to end up las in their division after being one play from the Superbowl last year?
-New England and New Orleans losing to Cleveland?
-Bengals beating the Ravens in week 2?
-Redskins beating the Eagles?
-Tampa Bay becoming a serious playoff contender until the last week?
-THE BEARS MAKING IT TO THE DIVISIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP?

etc, etc?

You don't think it has been the weirdest and less predictable season ever?

Following the trait, I wouldn't be surprised to have an unexpected SuperBowl Champ like the bears in February...

I was talking more specifically the playoffs. Of your list the only one that's a real surprise is the cleveland wins. I knew the Viks were a bust and like I said as an example before the Lions are the best of the worst... they always make me nervous even when they suck. Tampa is not the Tampa of old, I consider them a legit team. Gruden turned that organization around. The skins and bengals should've been better than they were, the surprise to me was how bad they were. The Chiefs I guess are a bit of a surprise, but how far did they really go? Last but not least... da Bears. You're right, I did not expect the Pack to be playing the Bears in the NFC champ. game. I didn't think they'd be slouches either though.

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
Almost Packer time. OOOOHHHHHH BAAAABBBBBYYYYY!

Kevin

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I'm looking forward to this my fellow Packer fans. This was an amazingly great game last year, and these teams are both playing hot. Not pretty (Neither AR or BR played great today) but they did what had to be done.

🔥 Latest posts