• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Supertri help

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
So I want to buy one of these. I like the look of the head, from what I have read and hit indoors it's plenty forgiving. I wanna try out all the adjustibility etc.

The issue is the SIM I was in said I was launching about 17-18 degrees with the 9.5 head and the Motore shaft. I've mentionned before that I hit everything really high, so this is not surprising to me, since what I hear about this head is it launches high.

So my question, would I be best served to get an 8.5 head? Never has one before (keep in mind I played an 9.5 degree i15 last season - maybe a bit too low launch with Axivcore)

Also, I like active tip shafts (I know right?) Doesn't make any sense for a guy with a steep attack that hits it high... Anyhow this is why I'm ok with the NV and blueboard - they keep it down somewhat, but still offer some good feel.

I was thinking I'd like to try the Fubuki (63 or 73) in an 8.5 head? It's next to impossible to get fit here in VT, so I will prob go blind here. Part of the fun I guess LOL

Thoughts?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
C,

Consider a 910. Both the D2 and D3 heads are very, very nice. And the adjustability might lend in developing your lower ball flight.

Consider a RIP or a PX Tour shaft. Both are solid.

R35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Sorry - that sound you heard was me falling off my chair

I'm typing this from the floor in the basement. You don't have to tell me.

The difference over the new designs from priors is the head shape. It's no longer pear shaped and more traditional now. Very solid look from address and the ball just jumps off the face.

R35

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
What about the only stuckup a-holes play titleist bit that you were so hung up on?

LBlack14

Enjoy Life!
Supporting Member
May 5, 2008
Ohio
Country
United States United States
What about the only stuckup a-holes play titleist bit that you were so hung up on?

I would never expect that from Rock.

If you have a "steep angle" of attack and hit it high then you spin the sh*t out of it, yes? Or do you mean "steep" as in high launch angle? There's a difference between the 2.

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I think I just launch it real high. I play the ball pretty far forward and catch it on the upswing is part of it

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada

It's still the norm around here. Thursday night in the sim, there were two kids that couldn't have been more than 15. Each had a full set of new 910's and forged blades. From their swings and scores, they were in over their heads with that equipment. Mommy came to pick them up when they were done driving a new Range Rover.

That said, my regular playing partner is going all 910/Titleist for 2011. I find it ironically funny that he joined a semi private after years of being in a public course membership. He plays Mizuno/TM now and plays well with them. So his driving push to change? "It's all about looks, my friend."

A-holes. Hence why I recommended it to you. :cool:

That aside, I would play the 910 driver IF it wasn't adjustable. But that's it. No FWs, no irons.

R35

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Titty irons don't do it for me either tbh

Drivers and wedges are awesome tho.

And I play what works - I don't give a rats ass what people think. Same reason I didn't buy the TotalOnes this year and went with the One70. At 160 lbs I just can't get what I needed out of that skate.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Just arrived. A 9.5 degree Supertri head. Need shaft to match now. Will drop into golf shop, pick up a armfull of demo shafts and start work in the lab. Still probably a bit (post-op) premature to get a good idea. Will wait until I am 100% before making a final decision. Heard much about the RIP shaft, what is it similar to?

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I tried the RIP in an adams head - felt a little firm. I'm thinking about the Fubuki

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Just arrived. A 9.5 degree Supertri head. Need shaft to match now. Will drop into golf shop, pick up a armfull of demo shafts and start work in the lab. Still probably a bit (post-op) premature to get a good idea. Will wait until I am 100% before making a final decision. Heard much about the RIP shaft, what is it similar to?

The RIP plays almost exactly like the VS Proto, in my opinion. Same feel, same launch, same spin. If I was a betting man, I'd say same shaft, different paint, more hype.

R35

LBlack14

Enjoy Life!
Supporting Member
May 5, 2008
Ohio
Country
The RIP plays almost exactly like the VS Proto, in my opinion. Same feel, same launch, same spin. If I was a betting man, I'd say same shaft, different paint, more hype.

R35

I found this to be true also. Exact reason I sold the RIP and put a TP adapter on one of the 4 or 5 VS Protos I had laying around.

That said, if you want a shaft that, IMHO, feels like no other....get yourself a Harrison SAGA. I played one for the 1st time last Thursday in my B'stone J33 and this shaft along with this head = a league of it's own. So much so that I have 2 more on the way.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
That aside, I would play the 910 driver IF it wasn't adjustable. But that's it. No FWs, no irons.

R35
This from the guy bagging a Scotty putter. First the putter, then the driver...next thing you know, his wife is the mom in the Range Rover!!

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
This from the guy bagging a Scotty putter. First the putter, then the driver...next thing you know, his wife is the mom in the Range Rover!!

His wife drives a Cayenne - he's in no position to stomp on Rover owners

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.