• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Swan-e-set - Pitt Meadows, BC, Canada

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
That's true. And if i'm getting a Cayenne, i'm not going to opt for the naturally aspirated model, now am I....

Silver, the new Impreza RS wagon from Subaru goes for about 23,400CDN, which is less than a Matrix and Corolla, just for comparison's sake. Kinda bare bones, but you get AWD which is phenomenal.

We test drove the RS wagon, but again I remind you about the dicks that run the Subaru dealership here. I'd rather ram burning peices of glass into my eyes than deal with those anuses again. I'd honestly buy one from Calgary or Edmonton before bending over for those guys.

Greta car tho. On gravel, you don't even realize that you're driving on a loose surface at about 110km/hr. So sweet. I woulda bought one, but, again, the dicks....

R35

OP
S

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
So what you're saying is that they're dicks? Or am I misinterpreting something...?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
You're way off base.

I'm saying I don't like them because they are such jerks.

Here's some highlights of my recent car purchase with them:

-they offered me 4500 less than what anyone else was for my 02 Accord Special Edition. It had less than 30,000KM on it....
-they wouldn't let me test drive one until I had my credit checked....nice...
-I asked for one in silver and they tried to get me to buy a navy blue one.....figure that out....
-after I had told them that I wasn't interested and wanted to buy the Mazda 3 because of price, incentives, options and overall thumbs up, they told me that the car that I had just chosen was a terrible choice. Not "Yes, the Mazda 3 is a great car, but ours offers blah, blah blah." Nope, they basically said "Heh, nice choice, loser." Not the best way to win customers...
-about a week after my 3 arrived, I got a letter in the mail from them congratulating me on buying a Mazda 3, and that when I got sick of it within the year, to bring it to them for a trade on a new Subaru......nice....

Like I said, total dicks. Or have I mentioned that?.....

R35

OP
S

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
So...they're dicks?

Sounds like it. Any one of those would have led me to laugh myself off the lot...and or drive to the next nearest Subaru dealer where they weren't dicks (anything in Saskatoon?) and then drive my new Sub to the Sub lot and say "hey ****faces, look at this!"

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
GREAT pics!

Everyone, your attention please.........

This is exactly the way I want you all to do your pics....silver uploaded to the gallery (we get pretty randoms now) and linked from there.

If any of you old guy's need lessons on how to do this.....Silver's the guy to ask. :D

OP
S

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Yeah, it worked great. It was nice to get them all in one post, without having to run another post for every four pics.

However, the only "issue" is that it becomes a two step process and it takes a bit longer because every photo has to be uploaded individually (I would enjoy being able to upload 4, 5, or 6 pics into the gallery at once and then have the ability to edit the descriptions afterwards, or even at the time of upload, although I'm not sure of the possibility) and then individually linked from the gallery. It's a bit tedious, but if it's better for the board, I'll do it.

Also, Sling, I uploaded the wrong picture one time by mistake and wasn't able to delete it. What's up with that?

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
You SHOULD be able to upload 6 at a time, it works for me, not you?

User deletions should work now, let me know if not.

OP
S

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Uh...sorry, but I can't find the delete option.

As for the multiple upload, it does work. I just didn't realize HOW it worked last night. I see it now.

Good shizzo Sling!

OP
S

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
FRESH PICS ADDED! Check the first post nearer to the bottom.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I see the X-16's. Regular series. Graphite? He seems like a little guy. Stiff or regular flex?

Again, great pics.

R35

OP
S

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
They're all little guys next to me (6' and well surpassed the 200 lb mark).

The X16s are uniflex steel. It's the other white guy that has the graphite BBs. Not sure what stiffness though.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Gotcha.

"The other white guy". Ha!

I used to room with two Asian friends and another white guy. We heard that alot.

Only one of them plays golf tho. I personally saw him swing a brand new driver off the first tee, first ever ball and snap the head off at the hosel. The head actually went farther than the ball.

R35

OP
S

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Lucky guy.

Living in Vancouver, we're bound to be referred to as "the white friends" by our Canadian Born Chinese (referred to as CBC by their own community) friends. We're planning the guy in the middle's bachelor weekend...a golf weekend to Kelowna in June. 12 people going, 4 white. No one cares though, at best it's good for a few jokes and that's it.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Although I am not a big car fan - I do really like my Toyota Highlander.

This is what I call a Camry SUV. It is on the same chassis and has the same drivetrain as the Camry, Avalon, and Lexus 300 cars and RX 300 SUV.

It's a car with an SUV body. Drives great and gets reasonable mileage....17 in town and 24 on the road.

I am very very interested in Hybrids. I cannot wait until they are more affordable. I live in a hilly area and they get great in town mileage.

Its just a matter of time before they take over and we get less dependent on middle east oil... :ukflag: :usflag: :canadafla :australia

🔥 Latest posts